Windows 10: False errors in SFC /scannow graphic drivers

Discus and support False errors in SFC /scannow graphic drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I installed a new Video Card, GEForce 730. After much frustration with its setup, I received help and finally got it working after custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnR2, Apr 19, 2016.

1. JohnR2 Win User

False errors in SFC /scannow graphic drivers

Recently I installed a new Video Card, GEForce 730. After much frustration with its setup, I received help and finally got it working after custom install of Nvidia drivers. After uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers several times I decided to do an SFC scan and found error that could not be repaired. Then tried DISM to fix and it failed. Next was an new ISO copy of Windows 10 mounted and DISM pointed to it and again it failed.

I have to point out that my computer was functioning, all I was trying to do was keep it that way. The error was "00004671 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:10]"opencl.dll" of microsoft-windows-RemoteFX-clientVM-RemoteFXWDDMDriver-WOW64-C, version 10.0.10586.0, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch". Repeated several times.

In looking at the discussions regarding this issue it was stated that this is a false error being reported. It went on to say that Microsoft and Nvidia were not agreeing on which supporting software is to be used in these drivers.

If this is true then I hope Microsoft and Nvidia can work it out.

Any comments?

:)

JohnR2, Apr 19, 2016
  2. JohnRice Win User

False errors in sfc /scannow

I was using the Nvidia drivers. In order to stop the flickering I would remove the drivers in safe mode and install Nvidia drives from their web site. But if I restarted I would get the flickering back and had to repeat the process again in safe mode. This
    Wednesday's Windows Updates had a specific upgrade for the GT 730 and if I reset the computer it remain stable. I had heard the Nvidia and Microsoft were working on a fix. I guess they completed it.

All that I have is these errors that I believe related back to the disagreement on drivers going back some months.

JohnRice, Apr 19, 2016
  3. neilpzz Win User
    False errors in sfc /scannow

Not sure about the error but my only other comment would be that you should use NVidia drivers and not MS.

Download Drivers | NVIDIA

neilpzz, Apr 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 19, 2016
  5. JohnR2 Win User
    Thanks for responding. Good news that Microsoft will correct this.

JohnR2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. False errors in SFC /scannow graphic drivers - Similar Threads - False errors SFC

2. sfc/scannow error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc/scannow error: 00000253 Hashes for file member [l:14]'System.Web.dll' do not match. Expected: {l:20 b:47cb9b0ad80a6962723f7b601b7941971a388b19}. Actual: {l:20 b:f7d269889aa64c84ebb3f0c69c3705b046b7d751}.2023-07-01 07:32:49, Info CSI 00000254 [SR] Cannot repair member file...
  3. sfc /scannow error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow error: I'm running sfc /scannow regularly, and i am getting back wierd results. It seems I have problem with one file, sfc /scannow either finds it corrupt, and repairs it, or does not find any problem at all. 2023-03-18 08:24:08, Info CSI 000001ff [SR] Repairing 1 components...
  4. sfc /scannow error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow error: I'm running sfc /scannow regularly, and i am getting back wierd results. It seems I have problem with one file, sfc /scannow either finds it corrupt, and repairs it, or does not find any problem at all. 2023-03-18 08:24:08, Info CSI 000001ff [SR] Repairing 1 components...
  5. sfc /scannow errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow errors: Hi all, I will appreciate it if you can help me fix my system errors. I am attaching CBS, FRST, Addition text files. Thank you in advance. Regards. 166129
  6. sfc /scannow errors

in Windows 10 Support
    sfc /scannow errors: Hi all, I will appreciate it if you can help me fix my system errors. I am attaching CBS, FRST, Addition text files. Thank you in advance. Regards. 166129
  7. sfc /scannow error

sfc /scannow error: After recent cumulative update of July 9, I did cleaning and then sfc /scannow.see picture below [img] I did thrice sfc /scannow. But I am getting error always. I am unable to decode from CBS.log. I am attaching cbs.log. I will be thankful if anyone can help me how to go...
  8. SFC /scannow - errors

SFC /scannow - errors: Hey all! I recently upgrade to Windows 10 2 weeks ago and for kicks I decided to run an SFC /scannow .. and It found a whole slew of errors! It's weird because I don't see anything wrong with the OS but I know there are according to the scanner. I ran it a few times,...
  9. sfc /scannow errors

sfc /scannow errors: I had a problem with chrome on windows 10, uninstalled it, new installer had malware on it. fixed it all up. system runs fine no problems. Decided to check sfc /scannow and got the corrupt files message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix...
  10. SFC /SCANNOW Error

SFC /SCANNOW Error: When trying to run SFC /SCANNOW the following error is generated: C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. Is this a knpown problem with solution? 20898