Windows 10: false key press ecen when keyboard is unplugged

Discus and support false key press ecen when keyboard is unplugged in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i just recently have this issued where my desktop think im pressing up on the keyboard. I even tried unplugging and shutting down/restart my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RyuC, Jan 12, 2019.

1. RyuC Win User

false key press ecen when keyboard is unplugged

i just recently have this issued where my desktop think im pressing up on the keyboard. I even tried unplugging and shutting down/restart my computer and it's still doing the samething. i cant use chrome or use and of the icon on the deaktop becuz it move back up/scroll up.(except for the top icon) anyone know what the issues and i really appreciate it you could help me out.

im sporry, english is not first language

:)

2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Microsoft wired Keyboard 600 keeps connecting and disconnecting each time I press a button.

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

As you have installed the latest drivers for the keyboard and are still facing the issue, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to unplug and plug the keyboard and check if the issue is with the keyboard connection.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 12, 2019
  4. false key press ecen when keyboard is unplugged

Help Choosing Gaming Keyboard

Hi guys, just found this forum and looks awesome.

I just bought a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (this one) and I am about 70% satisfied. I am returning it because they sent me the wrong model number, but I think the model number up from this won't be much different.

What I need in a gaming keyboard:
    • WHITE Backlit Keys (multicolor is a plus but has to allow white since I basically only use white)
    • Anti-ghosting (preferably 10 keys simultaneous)
    • Silent Keypress
    • $40 to $80 (used is fine)
    • Easy-to press keys
    • External color a simple black
    • OPTIONAL: Low-profile keys (slim, ultraslim)
    What do you suggest? I have been searching for many hours and have a few ideas, but there are mixed reviews.

vawrvawerawe, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

false key press ecen when keyboard is unplugged

1. false key press ecen when keyboard is unplugged - Similar Threads - false key press

2. False key

in Windows 10 Customization
    False key: When I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl\AutoRebootit was set to 00 = no1 = yesso I changed it to yes,should I change it back,bc my pc wasn't rebooting when it crashed,I tested it....
  3. when i press the windows key the on screen keyboard thinks i'm pressing the alt key too

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when i press the windows key the on screen keyboard thinks i'm pressing the alt key too: when i press the windows key the on screen keyboard thinks i'm pressing the alt key too https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-the-windows-key-the-on-screen/cc0c3458-caee-4dda-838a-dc83445513dd
  4. Ctrl key stuck on even when keyboard unplugged

Ctrl key stuck on even when keyboard unplugged: Hi there, I’m stumped. Two weeks ago, my computerstarting behaving odd: -my mouse wheel was zooming apps in and out -when working on text documents the last thing I had copiedwould suddenly paste infinitely -none of my letters worked to type -when I started to look on the...
  5. Windows getting false key presses like a key is being pressed down when I open a certain file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows getting false key presses like a key is being pressed down when I open a certain file: I’ve had this issue for a while now, but before it just happend at random times. Now, whenever I open a certain file, the key is being pressed down not physically. Ive tried the on screen keyboard, but its the same issue, so its not my keyboard that is being the problem. Ive...
  6. Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key: I have searched everywhere on the internet for fixes like changing the language settings keyboard settings, driver updates and resets and Im still stuck without a button for these characters. Even stranger is that if I convert to US qwerty, my keyboard will use SHIFT+2 as...
  7. keyboard beeps when the key "t" is pressed

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard beeps when the key "t" is pressed: For some reason when I press the key "t" it beeps, I've tried restarting my pc that didn't work and turning off filter keys doesn't work either, please help me it's driving me crazy...
  8. Windows receiving false key presses (as if a key is being held down)

Windows receiving false key presses (as if a key is being held down): So, every once in a while my computer starts acting like I'm holding down "6" number key when I'm not. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-receiving-false-key-presses-as-if-a-key-is/330da41a-adf2-435b-8c7a-9422d0685860
  9. Phantom Keyboard: '=' key repeatedly pressed even when keyboard is unplugged: Narrowed down...

Phantom Keyboard: '=' key repeatedly pressed even when keyboard is unplugged: Narrowed down...: Hi, I am using the latest version of Windows 10. Last night my computer began typing '=' repeatedly. It starts slow, then speeds up and eventually slows down again. The problem persists even when I unplug my keyboard. In lulls of rapid fire '=' I am able to login and...
  10. Windows application false key press / intermittent scrolling

Windows application false key press / intermittent scrolling: So out of the blue last night my PC is acting as if the up arrow key is being spammed, so in windows 10 applications, such as right clicking on a program on the taskbar, opening the start menu, windows settings, it will continually scroll up. Here is an example of what I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keys are being pressed when my keyboard is unplugged