Windows 10: False or real Trojan warning

Discus and support False or real Trojan warning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a very strange trojan warning. I have developed a Windows application.exe in C++ with Visual Studio 2019. After I have made the code and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by timco89, Feb 28, 2020.

1. timco89 Win User

False or real Trojan warning

Hi,

I have a very strange trojan warning.

I have developed a Windows application.exe in C++ with Visual Studio 2019.

After I have made the code and it is in the Release folder, I run both a Windows Defender full scan of my PC and also a custom scan of the new application.exe file. I do not get any virus or trojan warnings.

I do not run this application.exe, but the Visual Studio project files as also sync'd to my ONEDRIVE storage, so I have the .exe locally and in the cloud.

After some timenext day I get a Trojan warning from Windows Defender :

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml

is detected in this application.exe

No other warnings exist, only this warning from my unused, just created application.

I really do not understand how Windows Defender says OK one day and the next day it says Trojan detected. Nothing has changed in the application code between the OK and the warning.

Is there is a specific footprint in my application code that can be interpreted as a trojan?

Any ideas on how to get rid of this are very welcomed.

:)

timco89, Feb 28, 2020
  2. Bruce Hagen, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Annoying false Flash Update trojan

I cannot say one way or the other if there is "something" buried in the machine.

The first question is:

Does your antivirus program pop up to identify the intrusion?

If NOT, you MAY have an issue.

Using the technique in the beginning of this thread WILL solve the problem.

This means it works for the "false flash update" trojan virus, and others of its ilk.

Your first step is to identify specifically what you are trying to rectify.

I'm not trying to confuse the issue, these attacks are a pain in the neck. Unfortunately there is no magic wand that corrects all issues. Blocking an unwanted address can't hurt, 'senders' addresses can be modified at random by well crafted trojans so its
    not definitive cure.

FHI_Planning, Feb 28, 2020
  4. False or real Trojan warning

Real trojan or false indication?

Download what file?

Anything that says Trojan:Win32 is not good. The link I provided explained what one of your Trojans was about.

Bruce Hagen, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

False or real Trojan warning

1. False or real Trojan warning - Similar Threads - False real Trojan

2. False Windows Defender Warnings??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    False Windows Defender Warnings??: I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right subject area, but....Running Win11 Home 22H2 22621.755. After running 2 updates today, KB5018341 and then KB5018496 and both showing successful installs, a few minutes after restart, I got an email from *** Email address is...
  3. Trojan horse warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan horse warning: I visited a trusted site and then a pop-up appeared on my computer saying that this computer has been blocked for security and then Microsoft support number. Should I be worried and should I use windows prebuilt antivirus to do a proper scan?...
  4. Trojan horse warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan horse warning: I visited a trusted site and then a pop-up appeared on my computer saying that this computer has been blocked for security and then Microsoft support number. Should I be worried and should I use windows prebuilt antivirus to do a proper scan?...
  5. False Low Battery Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    False Low Battery Warning: So, I have a Windows 10 Dell and I have it plugged it, and it says its at 98%, and 1 minute until fully charged, but, it never reaches 100%. And when I unplug it, it immediately goes into battery saver mode, saying "Your PC battery is very low." even though it's assumingly at...
  6. False battery warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    False battery warning: Hello community! I turn off my laptop with 50%, 40%, 30% or anything in between using shut down, hibernate or sleep, and when I turn it back on I get a battery warning and the battery is 1% until I plug it into the socket and the next second went back to the % it was when...
  7. False Positive for Trojan Virus

False Positive for Trojan Virus: Can anyone tell me how and where i can submit my website to be re-looked at? Microsoft Defender is blocking my website that was hacked in the past but i have since addressed all those problems and I guess Microsoft Defender is going off of the old information. I need to...
  8. Trojan Horse Warning

Trojan Horse Warning: Is 1-888-288-6775 a legitimate Microsoft Support phone number? Had a laoud audio and video warning pop up on my screen saying it was a Trojan Spyware Alert & to contact that number. Is this a hacker scam?...
  9. Defender Found Trojan in USMT.ppkg - real or false positive?

Defender Found Trojan in USMT.ppkg - real or false positive?: I recently bought an MSI Raider GE431. I ran a full anti-virus scan using Windows Defender. It found the following: Trojan:Win32/Generic!rfn Affected items: containerfile: C:\Recovery\Customizations\USMT.ppkg file:...
  10. False Antivirus Expiration Warnings

False Antivirus Expiration Warnings: I use NOD32 antivirus and my subscription was going to expire in a week so Windows started notifying me through its action center. At the 2 day mark I renewed my subscription but for the last week Windows is still telling me my antivirus will expire in 2 days, its 2 days,...