Windows 10: False Positve - File Scanning Frameworks

Discus and support False Positve - File Scanning Frameworks in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So does Microsoft have determine that if a file is a false positive or not by AI or do they actually employ human analysts? If they have human... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KE-McCormick, Aug 23, 2019.

1. False Positve - File Scanning Frameworks

So does Microsoft have determine that if a file is a false positive or not by AI or do they actually employ human analysts?

If they have human analyst, can one look at this again.

This is File Scanning Frameworks for Malware Analysis and Incident Response, i.e. you are keying on a sequence for the virus in the framework definition.

This is really annoying...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/submission/4d035189-9db3-455c-8dcf-da736d5feeee

:)

KE-McCormick, Aug 23, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Defender giving false positve

A user on another forum posted a utility program. FWIW Those of us with Windows Defender are getting a false positive detection of "win32/Detplock" when we try to download the zip file. Those with other Security software (e.g. Trend Micro) do not get it. The security guru on that forum downloaded it, scanned both the Zip file and the .exe file with both Trend Micro and Malwarebytes and it was clean.

Here is a link to the forum thread and it includes a link to the utility download that Defender flags the false positive.

The Steel Guitar Forum :: View topic - Free Steel Guitar Chord and Note finder

fireberd, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 23, 2019
  4. False Positve - File Scanning Frameworks

Error: "Couldn't find CBS log file" while installating .NET framework on Windows 10

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the your concern about installing the .Net framework on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • How exactly are you trying to install .Net framework?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files. Try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to run DISM or System Update Readiness tool and check if it helps.

The DISM or System Update Readiness tool may help you to fix some Windows corruption errors.

Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

False Positve - File Scanning Frameworks

1. False Positve - File Scanning Frameworks - Similar Threads - False Positve File

2. False positive??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    False positive??: Hello! I downloaded a file from web and I think I got viruses or malware from it. First, Windows Defender notified me that I got malware and I deleted all the temp and patched files from my laptop and scanned it after with Microsoft Security Scan and it said I have 0 files...
  3. File not compatible with windows version - false positive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File not compatible with windows version - false positive: Several weeks ago I received a "file not compatible with windows version" error message when trying to open a Word 2007 file on my HP Compaq dc7900 computer running W7 Home Premium 64 bit. Other Office 2007 programs worked fine until recently eg Excel, Access, Powerpoint and...
  4. File not compatible with windows version - false positive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File not compatible with windows version - false positive: Several weeks ago I received a "file not compatible with windows version" error message when trying to open a Word 2007 file on my HP Compaq dc7900 computer running W7 Home Premium 64 bit. Other Office 2007 programs worked fine until recently eg Excel, Access, Powerpoint and...
  5. False threat or not?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    False threat or not?: Hello, I was on discord chilling with my mates and i recieved a notification that my bitdefender blocked something that could potentially be a threat. It blocked something related to a microsoft app so idk if it's a false alarm or not....
  6. false positive or compromised file ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    false positive or compromised file ?: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/0f5d4dbbe5e55b7aa31b91e5925ed901fdf46a367491d81381846f05ad54c45e/details downloaded from here: https://www.7-zip.org/ -> https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1900-x64.exe false positive ? submitted by /u/Scared-Rain [link] [comments]...
  7. Scan file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scan file: How do you reduce the size of the file you are trying to email or download? Every time I try to send a file from the file folder it takes up the whole screen and it won't process. I get error messages saying it is too large....
  8. .NET framework files not patching

.NET framework files not patching: We have machines showing as missing patches even though the patches are either applied or are not applicable. We've tried running patches manually 4338825 and 4103727 but both say they are not applicable. Tenable is accurately reporting the file version it says is vulnerable,...
  9. Defender giving false positve

Defender giving false positve: A user on another forum posted a utility program. FWIW Those of us with Windows Defender are getting a false positive detection of "win32/Detplock" when we try to download the zip file. Those with other Security software (e.g. Trend Micro) do not get it. The security guru on...
  10. False negative or false positive ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    False negative or false positive ?: Win 10 Home 10586.164 Did a Sfc /scannow. Result : found corrupted files but unable to repair some of them. Did a dism..../restorehealth. Result : Restore operation successful. Did a sfc /scannow right after dism. Result : found corrupted files but unable to...