Windows 10: Familiar topic that on my search defies an answerfor Win10 users

Discus and support Familiar topic that on my search defies an answerfor Win10 users in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; BACKDROP info: In anticipation I create a recovery point before any major software application install, and I verify that it took. I did one of those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dwpenn1, Jun 8, 2021.

1. dwpenn1 Win User

Familiar topic that on my search defies an answerfor Win10 users

BACKDROP info: In anticipation I create a recovery point before any major software application install, and I verify that it took. I did one of those last week, as it turns out I didn't do any major install. When I had set up Restore Points I allotted over 300 Megabytes for restore points (on the C: drive) though it's likely to never need that.I use WinUpdateStop because the manufacturer (Dell) who at one point said my PC was Win10 Pro capable (as did Microsoft's upgrade tests) isn't saying that any more (translated, I'm out of warranty on this PC and they want to sell me a new one even though mine's not broken). That's why I use WinUpdateStop to lock my PC at a place where everything works, holding any new Microsoft updates (of any type) at bay. I even use 3rd party antivirus so I don't have to let anything into this PC via Defender. I guess Dell knows something's coming from Microsoft as Dell won't even support me on a pay as you go basis, I asked. So they emphasize they no longer guarantee my hardware or its compatibility with where Microsoft is taking Win10 PRO and that's why I deployed WinUpdateStop. I know if I had experienced a MS update I could have expected this, even understood it, but Microsoft didn't update my machine with anything (I even have ports closed by Glasswire blocking where MS could peek in or to where my OS could phone home to Microsoft on its own.I don't need a new PC, everything is copacetic and I want to keep it that way. I'm locked in at Win10 Pro1909, Build 18363.836, it hasn't changed, I just need to be left alone in a stasis since everything works. As others have reported something keeps turning off Restore Point operations and erasing restore points, and I haven't seen anyone address that here when Microsoft updating is programmatically disallowed, or when a user like me hasn't done any of the following which would be a factor. I would have anticipated this if I allowed MS Updates, or if I ran SFC /SCANNOW or DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, or possibly even a drive health check but I didn't do any of those, or anything else like that using 3rd party software. So, here's what am I asking for of the community: I am not optimistic someone can help me find last week's restore point, but can someone please tell me how I can stop whatever it is in the O.S. that shuts off Restore Point creations and also hides or erases its previous restore Points on a machine that received zero updates from Microsoft? I didn't see any rule in GPEDIT.MSC to arrest this behavior. I'm even a MS stock holder, and they're pissing me off. I have a working OS copacetic with all installed applications and my existing hardware, which meets my needs, but occasionally I want to walk something I did back. Many thanks for reading this novelle! This PC has 7 cores, 16GIG of Ram, and 13 terabytes of drive with USB 3.0, I don't need to buy a new PC! In fact, I don't see i7's offered much these days, meaning since I'm not into gaming I'm in a good place until this hardware quits. Now, if I could just find my James Taylor CD of greatest hits from when this PC came out

:)

dwpenn1, Jun 8, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    familiar game and apph

Hi,

You may please provide your suggestions in the feedback app. It will be directly referred by our
    developer’s team for further improvement.

Follow the steps:

• Go to Start, enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select Windows Feedback.
    • See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft Music.
    • If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details and then select
      Me too.
    • To narrow your search to a specific category, pick the category that most closely matches your feedback (so it gets to the right people quickly). For example, for feedback about the Music app, select Apps > Music.
    • If you don’t find any similar feedback, select New Feedback, choose a topic from
      Select a category and then select a subcategory.
    • Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Familiar topic that on my search defies an answerfor Win10 users - Similar Threads - Familiar topic search

2. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is anyone familiar with this issue: One of the customers I work with submitted a ticket, and to be honest I was not familiar with this issue at all. Basically, while the customer was logged in, a pop-up came on the screen and it was a pop-up of the log-in screen that you see when you initially log in to Windows...
  3. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is anyone familiar with this issue: One of the customers I work with submitted a ticket, and to be honest I was not familiar with this issue at all. Basically, while the customer was logged in, a pop-up came on the screen and it was a pop-up of the log-in screen that you see when you initially log in to Windows...
  4. Is anyone familiar with this issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Anybody familiar with WSL?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anybody familiar with WSL?: Having a problem (i believe?) thats always been a thing. Would like to understand the cause and remedy it. I had a developer buddy throw together a few scripts for me in order to do something I needed that would have been impossible manually. For better or worse, he hasnt...
  6. Display of topic after a search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Display of topic after a search: After I do a search for a topic or a web site I get a screen full of choices. I click on one and I get another screen of choices. This goes on and on. How do I get just what I am looking for?...
  7. Searching for a topic HERE in this Community

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching for a topic HERE in this Community: Does this forum have an option for me to search for a particular topic? I see that I can select from given categories. I was brought to this site by clicking on a WINDOWS 10 link titled "Tell me more about media streaming," but I find nothing here on that subject. It's...
  8. Skype 8.29 update to user experience for simplicity and familiarity

in Windows 10 News
    Skype 8.29 update to user experience for simplicity and familiarity: Our passion for bringing people closer together through simple, seamless experiences that “just work” is the foundation of Skype. Over time, we’ve grown beyond our origins of voice-only calling, adding video calling, messaging, group video calling, and a broad range of other...
  9. Anybody Familiar with u32Jpg.fio???

in Windows 10 Support
    Anybody Familiar with u32Jpg.fio???: I use a relatively obscure commercial product "Photoimpact Pro" for many of my photo editing needs. For the last couple of months, I've been unable to use the program on my main desktop; as it goes through the several seconds of initialization it consistently hangs...
  10. Why Can't Windows Search Find My File - Why Was Topic Moved?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Can't Windows Search Find My File - Why Was Topic Moved?: I created a thread in General Support called Update Removed Windows 7 Games about a Windows Update that removed my Windows 7 games. The update also caused other problems which I specified in the thread, but that topic has now been moved to the Gaming sub-forum. I think the W7...