Windows 10: Family account access

Discus and support Family account access in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I get the following error when trying to add an account: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AmeeraAl-shekaili, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Family account access

I get the following error when trying to add an account:

"We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. "

I added accounts for my family to PC & laptops, all can log in to their account, invitation was accepted from all accounts, but the error still showing. I even marked youtube as a blocked website, but it is still appearing on different account. Kindly, I need support.

:)

AmeeraAl-shekaili, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

What you describe should be impossible. To test this I just now created a child account on my PC and signing in to it tried to change it to either an admin account or a local account. Could not do that.

The only way your son can change his account to a local account and "remove" it from Family, or create a new account is to have access to an admin account on that same PC (your account), or alternatively access to your admin MS account's Family settings online. For that he needs both your MS account username and password. It means that if you protect your own personal admin account (MS account) with a strong password and especially the Two-Step Verification, he has no way to access that account and he should not be able / is not able to change your Family settings or his account status.

3. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Family account access

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Family account access

1. Family account access - Similar Threads - Family account access

2. Account Access Limited by Microsoft Family Glitch

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account Access Limited by Microsoft Family Glitch: So I used to be in a microsoft family with my dad, who recently removed his account off my computer. And upon try to access my family settings, I was not able to change anything. Both the microsoft website and Xbox 1 told me that I was already part of a family as a child...
  3. Deceased Family Member Account access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Deceased Family Member Account access: My dad passed away two years ago and my mom has been using his laptop, for two years without issue. Last week it started prompting her to enter a hello pin, which to our knowledge we don't have. The microsoft account is linked to my dad's email, which is no longer active....
  4. lost access to family member account

lost access to family member account: setup family account using generated password pasted in. clipboard refreshed before password was stored in password manager or used for login. unable to reset password as unable to provide enough information because account has never been used no old passwords, use of...
  5. Can’t access family account

Can’t access family account: I tried to set up child accounts for my daughter but we are completely locked out. I just want to delete the child accounts now and start again but it only lets me remove, not delete them - how can I delete child accounts without the password to those accounts which is...
  6. Windows 10 Family Account: Microphone Access

Windows 10 Family Account: Microphone Access: Hi I have WIndows 10 PC fairly up-to-date On my account main account: The microphone works fine and I can see permissions for it in Settings For my son's account he is in the family group when he logs in the microphone does not work and there are no settings available...
  7. Family Account Application Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Family Account Application Access: I want to use a PC as a family PC and I want each family member to have acess to the same apps, even those outside of Microsoft Office. So far, only I as an administrator have access to all the apps, once a family members logs in, only very basic applications are displayed....
  8. Accessing a deceased family members account

Accessing a deceased family members account: My mother passed away almost three years ago and I have been using her old HP laptop. I have had no issues with it as we knew her pin to access the machine. I recently went back to college and have been using her laptop with no problems until recently when I did a system...
  9. Cant access new family account of my daughter

Cant access new family account of my daughter: I just created an account for my daughter as a user on my pc and I can't login to the Outlook email for her I just created. It keeps saying the password is wrong and now account is locked and I can't recover anything because the recovery request keeps asking me for email...
  10. My child can't access fund in family account

My child can't access fund in family account: My child can't access the funds in the family account to purchase Robux, even after I've approved the purchase several times. After I've given permission for the purchase, every time he clicks to buy Robux in his account, he is required to ask permission again. When I click...