Windows 10: Family Account Adult Age

Discus and support Family Account Adult Age in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I just read a question which stated that anyone over the age of 18 is considered an Adult Account. I am 18 and I have child restrictions on my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Shane Nickel-Thibodeau, May 1, 2020.

1. Family Account Adult Age

Hello, I just read a question which stated that anyone over the age of 18 is considered an Adult Account. I am 18 and I have child restrictions on my account. My birthday is set to the correct day/month/year. How can I change my account to an Adult account?

:)

Shane Nickel-Thibodeau, May 1, 2020

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, May 1, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Microsoft Family - Changing account from child to adult

Hi Paulo,

To edit your child account(s), we need to
    change
    the
    birthdate
    of that account or
    create/add another adult
    in your family
    account. To change the birthdate,
    you may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

To add another adult to your family account, kindly refer to
    Add a child account your family
    under
    To add another adult your family.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 1, 2020
  4. Family Account Adult Age

Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Family Account Adult Age

1. Family Account Adult Age - Similar Threads - Family Account Adult

2. Family App- Child's Account showing as Adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family App- Child's Account showing as Adult: Hello,I'm trying to setup Family. One child 14 already had a MS account in which he set his D.O.B. so he was 26. I had him change his D.O.B. to be correct and now shows him as 14 on his MS account profile page.It still does not show him as a child in Family however. He has...
  3. Family App- Child's Account showing as Adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family App- Child's Account showing as Adult: Hello,I'm trying to setup Family. One child 14 already had a MS account in which he set his D.O.B. so he was 26. I had him change his D.O.B. to be correct and now shows him as 14 on his MS account profile page.It still does not show him as a child in Family however. He has...
  4. Help, please!! My Family Safety mixed up ages on accounts for child & adult. Microsoft says...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, please!! My Family Safety mixed up ages on accounts for child & adult. Microsoft says...: Begging for help I seem to be in a permission circle where I cannot do anything to fix this. I am getting locked out of my own devices and apps. PLEASE!!!!! I know someone can help me....
  5. Help, please!! My Family Safety mixed up ages on accounts for child & adult. Microsoft says...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help, please!! My Family Safety mixed up ages on accounts for child & adult. Microsoft says...: Begging for help I seem to be in a permission circle where I cannot do anything to fix this. I am getting locked out of my own devices and apps. PLEASE!!!!! I know someone can help me....
  6. Change age of "child" back to adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  7. Change age of "child" back to adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  8. Age Restriction But I am an Adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age Restriction But I am an Adult: My Game Tag tells me the Game I am trying to download is above my grade and to ask an adult to log in. I am the adult, so why am I being asked this silly question? Did I accidentally have the wrong age attached to my game tag? I don't know how to check and alter it if I did...
  9. Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child

Microsoft Family - changing adult account to child: Hi - eldest child has been using my Microsoft account on his XBox One, I'd now like to be able to manage it as a child account. From reading around, I understand I can: create a new adult account for me; remove my old adult account from the family; add the old account...
  10. Blocking adult family account by child?

Blocking adult family account by child?: How come a child's family Microsoft account can block access to pc of its adult's account in windows 10? That's pretty unfair! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-adult-family-account-by-child/bb8a4ef4-68b2-434d-a760-ec458fb74c2b