Windows 10: family account app time limits not working correctly

Discus and support family account app time limits not working correctly in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In the past week, my child account is limiting chrome access. I checked the time limits and they are turned off, so i am not sure why she is running... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Repete Ontario, Apr 19, 2020.

1. family account app time limits not working correctly

In the past week, my child account is limiting chrome access. I checked the time limits and they are turned off, so i am not sure why she is running out of time. She can request additional time, but when i go in to approve the request it says that the issue is taken care of already and i cannot add time. I have the computer updated with all updates, have deleted the parental controls settings.bin file, rebooted a few times. She is connecting to her online account and verified its ok.

what else can i try to fix this issue?

:)

Repete Ontario, Apr 19, 2020

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Mik834 Win User
    ms family account screen time limits not working

Hi

Despite trying all the suggestions I can find online to fix it screen time limits have not been working for months. The limit is set correctly but Windows appears to ignore it. Family activity reporting shows that the activity duration
    is greater than the limit set.

Thanks

Mik

Mik834, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Anonimiss Win User

family account app time limits not working correctly

Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

family account app time limits not working correctly

1. family account app time limits not working correctly - Similar Threads - family account app

2. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  3. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  4. Microsoft family app and time-limit features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family app and time-limit features.: So let's say I'm a kid. I accidentally disabled the notification that tells you how much game time you have and the reminders of when it is about to end. This includes the option to ask for more game time. How do I get the reminders back?...
  5. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family: In Microsoft Family I need a feature where I can set a time limit for a group of apps together. This important for video game limits for example. If I can only limit time per app then I either have to make the limits on game apps very short which isn’t fair or give larger...
  6. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family: In Microsoft Family I need a feature where I can set a time limit for a group of apps together. This important for video game limits for example. If I can only limit time per app then I either have to make the limits on game apps very short which isn’t fair or give larger...
  7. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Family Time Limit not working

Microsoft Family Time Limit not working: Hi there, My 11 year old son's microsoft profile account is connected to our family account so I can control how much screen time he gets etc. I have limited him to be on his computer until 7.30pm in the evenings. However, tonight, when I went up to check on him at...
  9. Screen time limits are not working correctly

Screen time limits are not working correctly: I have my son's account set to 7 hours of screen time a day across all devices, with the allowed hours between 9am and midnight. It seems like he has been using the PC more than the seven hours lately and I checked this in Microsoft Family. Looking at his recent activity, it...
  10. ms family account screen time limits not working

ms family account screen time limits not working: Hi Despite trying all the suggestions I can find online to fix it screen time limits have not been working for months. The limit is set correctly but Windows appears to ignore it. Family activity reporting shows that the activity duration is greater than the limit set....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family app time limit when not in family