Windows 10: Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate

Discus and support Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I haven't been able to find anything that confirms 100% that if you have two parent accounts within the same family group that those two accounts... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ElDoubleEwe, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate

Hi,

I haven't been able to find anything that confirms 100% that if you have two parent accounts within the same family group that those two accounts remain completely separate. I realise they will both have control over any child accounts in the same group, but can anyone confirm that neither parent will have any visibility of activity on the other parent's account?

Also can anyone confirm that if one parent approves a purchase for the child, that the approval will never result in the other parent's account being billed?

Cheers, ElDoubleEwe

:)

ElDoubleEwe, Sep 4, 2019
  2. 7thSense Win User

Unsure of Parent Account for My Family

If you have My Family setup, you have a parent account and it needs to accept the new terms of use. I suggest you talk to your parents and ask them to go trough their accounts.

There is no way to bypass this..

7thSense, Sep 4, 2019
  3. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Sep 4, 2019
  4. TomBrad95 Win User

Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate

add parent to exisitng child account

If you are talking about my family then you don't add the parent to the child account you add the child to the parent account. First go to windowsphone.com and sign in using the parent account, then in the top right corner click my family, there should
    then be steps on how to activate my family and how to add the children.

TomBrad95, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate

1. Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate - Similar Threads - Family Account are

2. Family Safety after Parents has separated

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety after Parents has separated: Hello!Ok, so...2 Parents and 2 kids. During relationship both kids each had a stationary computer. Both Parents are Administators while the dad is the creator. if it mattersThe Parents separate and have their own place now. The 2 kids spend every other week at each parents...
  3. Family Safety after Parents has separated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety after Parents has separated: Hello!Ok, so...2 Parents and 2 kids. During relationship both kids each had a stationary computer. Both Parents are Administators while the dad is the creator. if it mattersThe Parents separate and have their own place now. The 2 kids spend every other week at each parents...
  4. Family Safety after Parents has separated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot complete parental consent to complete account setup for a child.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot complete parental consent to complete account setup for a child.: I have just tried to setup a Microsoft account for my son and I am trying to give consent for him to setup and to join my family account. Each time I try to complete consent I just get a screen that says "Something's not working It's not you, it's us."I am following the login...
  6. Sharing apps family account separate computers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sharing apps family account separate computers: Hi, Looking for how to share apps with my children. I have bought a game Minecraft for Windows 10 from my Microsoft Account. My children have their own computers with their own microsoft accounts. Their accouts is linked to mine through Microsoft Family. I find their...
  7. Parental consent on an account that's not in a family.

Parental consent on an account that's not in a family.: I recently left a family to switch my account to a adult account. However, when I open certain applications, I still require parental consent. Can someone help me fix this problem?...
  8. Reset childs family account password by parent

Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...
  9. Parental controls and family account not working

Parental controls and family account not working: I just set up family accounts for my children a couple days ago and did not even give the info to my kids since I wanted to check them first. I went on my sons account and even though I toggled the content restrictions on (I double checked), I was able to view everything...
  10. Complete separate user account? Win 10

Complete separate user account? Win 10: I was wondering if I can make an additional user account that has complete separate files and separate programs. Such as I have Diablo 2 but I don't want the other user to be able to see that Diablo II is installed. Another example being that I have family photos of my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. parent member of child family but unable to add child to their family microsoft