Windows 10: Family account browsing history and web search

Discus and support Family account browsing history and web search in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi On my family account I can not see my sons browsing history and we search. I can see everything for my daughter but not my son. They both seem to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JohnHill11, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Family account browsing history and web search

Hi

On my family account I can not see my sons browsing history and we search. I can see everything for my daughter but not my son. They both seem to have exactly the same set up, boxes ticked etc. I can see my sons app history and what he has been on but no web or search history. He is using Microsoft edge for all his searches. I have tried removing him and re adding him and also un ticking and re ticking the show history box etc.

Any help would be appreciated

John

:)

JohnHill11, Jan 13, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Web Browsing on Family Safety Settings (Windows 10) not working

Hi,

To better assist you, we'd like to get the following information:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Are you getting the issue on the Family Safety on the Control Panel or through weekly reports sent to you by Family Safety website?
    • Are the Administrator and the child user accounts associated to a Microsoft Account?
    You may refer to these methods and observe:

First Method: Check if the Family Safety service is connected to your PC.

Sign in to your account using this
    link
    . Each computer that is currently being monitored will be listed on this website.

Second Method: Run Family Safety Troubleshooter.

To run Family Safety Troubleshooter, please check this link.

Third Method: Check if the "Delete browsing history on exit" is unchecked.

"Delete browsing history on exit" is a feature of a browser that enables automatic deletion of your browsing history in any browser.

For Internet Explorer:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Select Tools.
    • Click Internet Options.
    • Under the General tab > Browsing history, make sure that "Delete browsing history on exit" is unchecked.
    • Click OK.
    For Microsoft Edge:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Select Ethernet.
    • Click Network & Sharing Center.
    • Click on the internet options below.
    • Under the General tab > Browsing history, make sure that "Delete browsing history on exit" is unchecked.
    • Click OK.
    Keep us posted.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Family account browsing history and web search

Devlin Sco, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Family account browsing history and web search

1. Family account browsing history and web search - Similar Threads - Family account browsing

2. web browsing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    web browsing: hi I'm trying to access a page on explorer and soon as i sign in it says ive been redirected and it wont load it does on my phone but not on here since i updated to the new 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/web-browsing/714c760a-6b40-4be6-8475-29077043dce3
  3. Web browsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Web browsing: Some websites dont work on my computer at various times, Quick assist keeps trying to load, and I cant log out of my old account or add a new one. There are certain websites that I can browse no problem, but I cannot log onto my school sites or google account. When I diagnose...
  4. Microsoft Family Browsing History

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Browsing History: I have a question. I have a child Microsoft account, and I was wondering if my administrator can see my history when I am browsing as a guest. It would help me out a lot. Sincerely, Kian Peck [Original Title: Browsing History]...
  5. Microsoft family Web browsing always blocked problem

Microsoft family Web browsing always blocked problem: Hello, I have been using Microsoft family as parental control for a while. It has been working fine. But as kids getting older, they start to find bugs in your system. I used website control for my kids' account. I only allow some websites and checked "only allow these...
  6. BROWSING HISTORY

in Cortana
    BROWSING HISTORY: Good morning. I would like to know why the browsing history keeps on appearing in the PRIVACY of my ACTIVITY PAGE in Microsoft cloud even if CORTANA is not enable in Windows and in Edge and browsing history is turned off?? Thanks...
  7. Web browsing timestamp shown in family activity tracking incorrect

Web browsing timestamp shown in family activity tracking incorrect: The timestamps shown in web browsing record are incorrect - they are probably in another timezone. I have checked that the timezone setting in the PC is already set correctly. The problem is an obvious one as I have set limits on my family member screen time to prevent...
  8. web Browsing

in Windows 10 Customization
    web Browsing: i am unable to open google chrome i my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browsing/00d1eb13-f76b-480c-98f5-70de13094678
  9. BROWSING HISTORY

BROWSING HISTORY: I feel like a Novice here. I have followed my pc instructions in my "Favorites" to delete my "Browsing History" gone to "Settings" and several other places. Still, I have not been able to clear my "Browsing History" or what information is in the CLOUD. ANY assistance will be...
  10. browsing history

browsing history: how do you disable the ability to delete browsing history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/browsing-history/a311ae00-0e21-4631-b9f5-42007ff74e84"