Windows 10: Family account is bugged - how do I fix this very annoying issue ?

Discus and support Family account is bugged - how do I fix this very annoying issue ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My 3 children are set up on a shared laptop and myself as well. 2 of the children are users in a family that I set up under the Microsoftset up. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cad140171, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Cad140171 Win User

Family account is bugged - how do I fix this very annoying issue ?

My 3 children are set up on a shared laptop and myself as well.

2 of the children are users in a family that I set up under the Microsoftset up.

I have also set up the 3rd child and when I log in as himself, it tells me it is already belonging to my family.

When I log in as myself, he is not there !

I cannot seem to be able to remove him when logged under himself and I cannot access him when logged under myself.

Basically I cannot control his screen time and he has unlimited access, how can I fix this problem ?

Thanks

:)

Cad140171, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Family Safety issues

Hi,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're experiencing issues with Family when searching for the device. To assist you better, we'd like to clarify few things:

• When you mention 2 devices on your sons account, do you want to use two devices but using one account?
    • Could you provide us a screen shot of family list devices?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps in this articles below on how to set up your Family:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Family account is bugged - how do I fix this very annoying issue ?

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Family account is bugged - how do I fix this very annoying issue ?

1. Family account is bugged - how do I fix this very annoying issue ? - Similar Threads - Family account bugged

2. how do i fix this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix this issue?: my pc was recently repaired, but now it is very slow and is not able to run the games it used to be able to run properly, i cannot run games such as roblox or minecraft and many more. it has suddenly become very slow and it crashes...
  3. How do I fix this graphical bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this graphical bug?: As you can see, the start menu appears empty when I type. This is something that happens to me sometimes and it is very annoying because I have to restart the PC to fix it. But I'm tired of restarting the PC and I would like to fix it permanently.I have the latest version of...
  4. How do I fix this graphical bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix this graphical bug?: As you can see, the start menu appears empty when I type. This is something that happens to me sometimes and it is very annoying because I have to restart the PC to fix it. But I'm tired of restarting the PC and I would like to fix it permanently.I have the latest version of...
  5. How do I fix this graphical bug?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Icons are very small. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons are very small. How do I fix this?: All of the notifications are really small and I can't do anything.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-are-very-small-how-do-i-fix-this/69741f6b-9892-401a-8296-0532fcb3675d
  7. How do I remove this?? The line it's very annoying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove this?? The line it's very annoying: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ViperBurstYahir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ko9r8w/how_do_i_remove_this_the_line_its_very_annoying/
  8. Annoying bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying bug: Hello kind friends of Reddit, hope everyone is safe and healthy. I am here to ask for your help. I am coming across a bug where when I start my pc I can open applications and everything is perfect. But after around 5-10 minutes, all services begin to stop. To expand, I mean...
  9. Fix Account Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix Account Bug: Hi I am repeatedly asked to fix my Outlook mail accounts. This goes away for a while when I type in my Pin, but its annoying and pointless, how do I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-account-bug/f02a4575-a91d-411d-8930-fde6e7c60f03
  10. Minor but very annoying bug (?) that seems to deal with keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minor but very annoying bug (?) that seems to deal with keyboard and mouse: Hello! Recently I've encountered very strange problem using Windows 10. At this moment I believe it's an OS bug. It messes up with keyboard and mouse, and luckily, it is very easy to reproduce. 1. Press and hold any alphanumeric button on the keyboard. 2. Try to click on...