Windows 10: Family Account issue

Discus and support Family Account issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. Have installed Adult and Child on my newly installed Windows 10 Home version. It is running with latest version (1903). When the Child requests to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by notsoeasy, Oct 5, 2019.

1. notsoeasy Win User

Family Account issue

Hi. Have installed Adult and Child on my newly installed Windows 10 Home version. It is running with latest version (1903). When the Child requests to run an application in the excluded group (Chrome browser) the child initiates the message for the Adult to act on it. The Adult receives the message with the Allow or Dismiss option. Whether I select Allow or Dismiss the Child doesn't receive a message of the action. The Child mailbox is working fine. It's receiving other messages sent from various people. Where should I be looking to resolve this issue. Thanks, Ron

:)

notsoeasy, Oct 5, 2019

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Family Safety issues

Hi,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're experiencing issues with Family when searching for the device. To assist you better, we'd like to clarify few things:

• When you mention 2 devices on your sons account, do you want to use two devices but using one account?
    • Could you provide us a screen shot of family list devices?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps in this articles below on how to set up your Family:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Family Account issue

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Family Account issue

1. Family Account issue - Similar Threads - Family Account issue

2. family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family account: I was set up a child account for my son, 10 years old.since about 1 month ago, when he stars the computer, load in to the windows, always open a windows as below.after click "login", thenthen login my account:ok, about 1 minutes later, windows tell me "there is a problem,...
  3. family issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family issues: Hi,My dads Microsoft account was taken down after he was fired from his job. We are in a Microsoft family but his account is linked with his email from the job he got fired from. So now with my microsoft account that i use alot and his account he cant get into after it was...
  4. Microsoft Account and family sharing issues

Microsoft Account and family sharing issues: My son originally set-up an Xbox profile using his mothers email address. Subsequently, having grown he has a laptop and has also played xbox games on it. Following the setup of family sharing for him and his brother, we have ended up a complete mess. His younger brother...
  5. Microsoft Family Account Password issue

Microsoft Family Account Password issue: Hello. I recently setup an old laptop of mine for an 8 year old to use. I made him an account with the Microsoft Family thing connected to my personal account so I could manage screen time, content etc. The laptop is running latest version of Win10 Pro. It is asking with a...
  6. Windows 10 Family Account Issue

Windows 10 Family Account Issue: Hello there, We are currently using Windows 10 with a Local Administrator account and 2 user account linked to our Hotmail and Outlook accounts. I want to set up a Family account so I can add our children, however as my user account is already added under 'Other Users' I...
  7. Issue with child family account

Issue with child family account: I am getting this error "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device PC for family features to work. " I followed the "How to fix" steps. And the issue is unresolved. I have checked - Account set to allowed under Family & Other users - The account can...
  8. Windows family account issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows family account issue: Hi all I've added a family account on my desktop a couple of days ago and now im not able to see my primary and main acount on my desktop. I added my girlfriend a couple of days ago and she accepted the invite but never actually logged on. I tried to login to my pc today...
  9. Family account

Family account: I have created a child account for my teenager. If she accesses her Microsoft account she can see that her web history will be visible to me. Can her access to her Microsoft account be restricted to prevent this as otherwise she will simply use a non-connected device....
  10. User account and family issues

User account and family issues: This is happening loads on my new laptop. Family settings down and Cortana summary screen just spinning. Is this an MS side issue as the machine is doing this more often than not. Sometimes everything is fine but I just don't understand it really. Yesterday evening everything...