Windows 10: family account not allowing sign in.

Discus and support family account not allowing sign in. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; why is the child account locked out and it shows as fine in the main account? What are we doing wrong?????... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SunDevil73, Apr 7, 2020.

1. family account not allowing sign in.

why is the child account locked out and it shows as fine in the main account? What are we doing wrong?????

:)

SunDevil73, Apr 7, 2020
  2. gamoses Win User

broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Apr 7, 2020
  3. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Arnie Est Win User

family account not allowing sign in.

family account

Hi Natasha,

About your concern, your son's account is under Family account which limits your child in downloading apps that is inappropriate for his age. To manage your family account, you may follow the steps below:

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• Select the child whose settings you want to manage from the list of children in your Family.

• Choose what to turn on or change for your child's account:
    • Recent activity allows you to see what websites they've been visiting, what apps and games they've been using, and how much time they've been spending on their devices.
    • Web browsing lets you choose what websites your child can and can't see.
    • Apps & games allows you to limit the apps and games your child can download from the Windows Store. It also lets you unblock any app or game you’ve blocked previously.
    • Screen time allows you to set the maximum amount of time they can spend on their devices.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Arnie Est, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

family account not allowing sign in.

1. family account not allowing sign in. - Similar Threads - family account allowing

2. Family Account Sign in is Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Account Sign in is Unresponsive: I recently replaced my older desktop pc with a new model with Windows 11 Home installed. I went through the setup process and established my MS Account as an Administrator. A lot of my Microsoft information and settings were automatically synced. I went through and installed...
  3. Family Account Sign in is Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Account Sign in is Unresponsive: I recently replaced my older desktop pc with a new model with Windows 11 Home installed. I went through the setup process and established my MS Account as an Administrator. A lot of my Microsoft information and settings were automatically synced. I went through and installed...
  4. Allowing drawing tablet drivers on a family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allowing drawing tablet drivers on a family account: Hi. my son is using a Microsoft account with parental controls and has a drawing tablet he would like to set up to his computer, but in order for the tablet to work, the tablet driver needs to be installed. the problem with this is that every time he wants to use the tablet...
  5. Allowing drawing tablet drivers on a family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allowing drawing tablet drivers on a family account: Hi. my son is using a Microsoft account with parental controls and has a drawing tablet he would like to set up to his computer, but in order for the tablet to work, the tablet driver needs to be installed. the problem with this is that every time he wants to use the tablet...
  6. Allowing drawing tablet drivers on a family account

7. Only allowed to sign into administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only allowed to sign into administrator account: I currently reset my pc after never doing it before. After doing this, I was only allowed to sign into an account called “Administrator”. I tried signing in but I only arrived at a message saying “The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.” I’ve...
  8. Only allowed to sign into administrator account

Only allowed to sign into administrator account: I currently reset my pc after never doing it before. After doing this, I was only allowed to sign into an account called “Administrator”. I tried signing in but I only arrived at a message saying “The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.” I’ve...
  9. cant sign into one of the family accounts

cant sign into one of the family accounts: when trying to sin into one of the family accounts with either the pin number or the password I get " the group client service failed the sign in access denied" how can I fix...
  10. MS Family Account - Always allow app

MS Family Account - Always allow app: On one of my children's accounts, I want to always allow an app on her laptop, but I see no way to always allow that app. There is a way to block it, but not add to the always allow list. Also, this app is not on a block list and I don't have time limit restrictions...