Windows 10: family account: prohibiting microsft edge add-on for kids?

Discus and support family account: prohibiting microsft edge add-on for kids? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, Despite a good Microsoft family setting limiting my kids from downloading stuff from MS Store or off the web, MS Edge still allows them to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wilhal, Feb 4, 2021.

1. wilhal Win User

family account: prohibiting microsft edge add-on for kids?

Hi,

Despite a good Microsoft family setting limiting my kids from downloading stuff from MS Store or off the web, MS Edge still allows them to download and install anything through MS Edge Add-on/extension feature.

How can I stop this? disable or disallow or limit it?

Now my kids install and play games while using their supposedly school-only accounts because Edge allows them to install them thru add-on Minecraft among others

Please help!

Thanks.

:)

wilhal, Feb 4, 2021
  2. haffy Win User

Kids user accounts and family settings

Thanks for the links.

I want to create the kids family accounts but it forces you to assign /create an email even after selecting no email . then trying to enter something that is similar to their name doesnt work either as i get errors 'part of reserved domain' even when i put total random characters.

All i want to do is add the existing local kids accounts to the family list but it doesn't let me do that without assigning them an email? Is this correct?

This new MS stuff sucks its just not that straightforward and they are trying to force you into email accounts when you dont want one.

haffy, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Family Accounts

I have created multiple Family Accounts (for kids).

I see that I can block multiple websites and also restrict them to install apps by age restriction (for instance Appropriate for 3 years old kid).

However, I want to restrict them to install ANY apps by themselves (also FREE apps and also for any age).
    Also I want to block ability to run any exe files on computer from kids accounts.

How to do this?

How can I do this? I knwo that I could use local policies or something like that, but it is nto compatible with Family Accounts Onlkine, or is it?

P.S. My kids family users are already "Standard user", but they are able to install Aps from App Store (Free apps). They also are able to run any app / programm that is already installed, I wish to prohibit this.

They should be able to run only: Skype and Edge browser (and predefined website list - this part I can do). Everything else should be prohibited.

Renate 123, Feb 4, 2021
  4. haffy Win User

Kids user accounts and family settings

Ive tried this and no matter what i enter it gives an error, as below...

family account: prohibiting microsft edge add-on for kids? [​IMG]

haffy, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

1. family account: prohibiting microsft edge add-on for kids? - Similar Threads - family account prohibiting

2. Trying to add my kids account to Family Account but it keeps erroring out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to add my kids account to Family Account but it keeps erroring out: I have tried to add my kids account to the Family Account. I have gone all the way to the end but it keeps saying "Pending Member" and when I click on accept invite from email, it says "Invitation has expired." I tried adding password and it says they belong to other family...
  3. Trying to add my kids account to Family Account but it keeps erroring out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to add my kids account to Family Account but it keeps erroring out: I have tried to add my kids account to the Family Account. I have gone all the way to the end but it keeps saying "Pending Member" and when I click on accept invite from email, it says "Invitation has expired." I tried adding password and it says they belong to other family...
  4. microsft family is a virus or no

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    microsft family is a virus or no: hello im a family memeber my dad gave me a family sittings and it blocked everything i even cant open my pc while i need permistion wgen i only open the pc is say "ask permistion to open the pc" what is this...
  5. microsft family is a virus or no

microsft family is a virus or no: hello im a family memeber my dad gave me a family sittings and it blocked everything i even cant open my pc while i need permistion wgen i only open the pc is say "ask permistion to open the pc" what is this...
  6. add money to kids account

add money to kids account: i keep getting this message when i try to add money to kids account. PUR-UnknownExternalError 8SUfRKSgg06JwKoW.107.61.7.XX 2020/09/29 - 20:32:02 UTC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-money-to-kids-account/653125f3-4306-417b-8838-3e91397020f2
  7. Microsft Edge

Microsft Edge: Hello, can I get a downgraded version of windows 10? My problem is the following I don't want to have microsoft edge in my laptop. I purchased the product without edged installed. And now, I got an update and it installed itself, also there is no feature to delete it. I...
  8. I can't add kids to my family account.

I can't add kids to my family account.: I'm trying to add kids to my Family Profile. I can't get past this error message no matter how many times I try. "Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while."...
  9. Setup family account for my kids

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Setup family account for my kids: I set up my daughter Jade Mercer under the family Microsoft account her email address is Jadeelisemercer.gmail.com however when we try to sign in it says that ithe email does not exist. What has happened here as it's definitely been registered. And confirm email sent. Please...
  10. Kids user accounts and family settings

Kids user accounts and family settings: Ive upgraded from Win 8 to Win 10. I had 2 adult local accounts and 2 kids local accounts. I also have the 1 Microsoft account. I don't want to use the Microsoft account signin on my laptop I want to use my local. Is there a way to assign the existing local kids...