Windows 10: Family Account

Discus and support Family Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have set up family members under my Microsoft account. My son has his own laptop, how do I associate his laptop with my family account so I can use... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Halcyon+on+on, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Family Account

I have set up family members under my Microsoft account. My son has his own laptop, how do I associate his laptop with my family account so I can use the parental controls?

:)

Halcyon+on+on, Jan 14, 2019

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Family Account

Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Family Account

1. Family Account - Similar Threads - Family Account

2. unable to remove family member account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unable to remove family member account: i just recently added a family member account on my pc and i wanted to delete it so i did the following i went to "manage family members online" andi deleted the account on there. so i went back to see if it was actually deleted and its not so i went back into "manage family...
  3. Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate

Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate: Hi, I haven't been able to find anything that confirms 100% that if you have two parent accounts within the same family group that those two accounts remain completely separate. I realise they will both have control over any child accounts in the same group, but can anyone...
  4. I am deleting an account and datat from my Windows Family account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am deleting an account and datat from my Windows Family account: Is it possible to first see what data is attached to this user? I'm affraid of what I might delete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-deleting-an-account-and-datat-from-my-windows/032e6d2f-8893-46ab-ba29-d22bd569eaf1"
  5. Help reset family account - kids password

Help reset family account - kids password: Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password. I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it anywhere else. all the forums only mention about using recovery form to rest password.. which is total BS form as there are so...
  6. I removed myself from the Family account but i get an error...

I removed myself from the Family account but i get an error...: So one day I removed myself from the family account so the "Ask a parent for permission" Wouldn't block an important site I need to reach. So back on topic. I removed myself from the family account.. But it still says "Ask a parent" and I click "Continue" or "Ask by email"...
  7. Our Family account

Our Family account: I have made a Child account on Microsoft Our Family so that I maintain the Parent account. My son will only accept it if he can import his XBox gamer tag and profile to his child account. Can he import these (from the Parent Account which is mine) to his Child account?...
  8. How can I remove a family member account?

How can I remove a family member account?: I am unable to remove family member account even though I am the account administrator. No "Remove" button appears on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-a-family-member-account/c7f120cc-5971-4858-bfcb-4667adffe504"
  9. Computer administrator, xbox, family accounts and mine

Computer administrator, xbox, family accounts and mine: How many different accounts can a person have? 1. the administrator account on my computer, some how has my name and my son's email account tied to it - I'd like to change it 2. my son uses my email to log on to his xbox 3. somehow, I got to this community page and it...
  10. Microsoft Family keeps telling me to sign in to my account but I already am

Microsoft Family keeps telling me to sign in to my account but I already am: Every time I go to open an application, a window opens saying "Sign in so you don't miss out, you need to sign back into your Microsoft account do you can send your parent requests when you want more screen time or need permission for certain apps and sights." My Microsoft...