Windows 10: Family account

Discus and support Family account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have created a child account for my teenager. If she accesses her Microsoft account she can see that her web history will be visible to me. Can her... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Pottery2, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Pottery2 Win User

Family account

I have created a child account for my teenager. If she accesses her Microsoft account she can see that her web history will be visible to me. Can her access to her Microsoft account be restricted to prevent this as otherwise she will simply use a non-connected device.

:)

Pottery2, Jun 12, 2019

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Family account

Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Family account

1. Family account - Similar Threads - Family account

2. How to change from Organizer to Child account in Windows Family?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change from Organizer to Child account in Windows Family?: I am 19 and have an Organizer, Administrator account that I use for my PC, and in attempt to keep "adult" content away from me, I am looking to use the Windows 10 Family controls and a friend to keep me from going on any adult sites, but I cannot find a way to change my...
  3. Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Adding Money to Child Account: I have searched thru the instructions as to how to add money to child account and as everyone else, got the same issue. Not a currency issue, I have tried multiple times and never succeeded once. Has anyone been successful in doing this?...
  4. Can’t access family account

Can’t access family account: I tried to set up child accounts for my daughter but we are completely locked out. I just want to delete the child accounts now and start again but it only lets me remove, not delete them - how can I delete child accounts without the password to those accounts which is...
  5. Windows 10 Family Account: Microphone Access

Windows 10 Family Account: Microphone Access: Hi I have WIndows 10 PC fairly up-to-date On my account main account: The microphone works fine and I can see permissions for it in Settings For my son's account he is in the family group when he logs in the microphone does not work and there are no settings available...
  6. MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC

MS Family Child account cannot connect to internet on new PC: Just set up a new family PC. 2 kids laptops work fine under family safety account, but when trying to set them up on the new PC, I get a 'you'll need the internet for this' despite being online as the primary account holder. I made sure the child had access within the time...
  7. I am trying to "unlock" childs microsoft family account,

I am trying to "unlock" childs microsoft family account,: I am trying to "unlock" childs microsoft family account as the admin but when I click through the prompts, it tells me "and adult must approve this" I have already approved 5. I am wondering why this is happening now? HELP! Thank you!...
  8. Win 10 "Your Family" Disable MSFT Account Requirement

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 "Your Family" Disable MSFT Account Requirement: Why, oh why does Microsoft insist on creating a Microsoft account to use "Family" features. I want to create separate profiles with different controls, to separate my experience into various modes. I.e. A "Work Mode", that disables/ limits games and other distractions. A...
  9. How to add a Microsoft Family account in Windows 10 [VIDEO]

How to add a Microsoft Family account in Windows 10 [VIDEO]: With a Microsoft Family account you can view and manage activity, set screen time limits, set app and game limits, manage spending, and find your child's location. Video Here's how to set one up: How to add a family member on your PC We'll email or text an invitation...
  10. How do I remove a Family user from my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove a Family user from my microsoft account?: I added my account as a family member on my laptop, but I don't want it anymore. How do I remove my account from the family & other users thing? submitted by /u/Bitsofbean_1250 [link] [comments]...