Windows 10: Family account

Discus and support Family account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have created a child account for my teenager. If she accesses her Microsoft account she can see that her web history will be visible to me. Can her... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Pottery2, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Pottery2 Win User

Family account

I have created a child account for my teenager. If she accesses her Microsoft account she can see that her web history will be visible to me. Can her access to her Microsoft account be restricted to prevent this as otherwise she will simply use a non-connected device.

:)

Pottery2, Jun 12, 2019

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Family account

Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Family account

1. Family account - Similar Threads - Family account

2. Family Restrictions are still affecting my account after verifying my age

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Restrictions are still affecting my account after verifying my age: Recently I have removed my account from my family group and had it converted into an adult account. My age and birth date are up to date, which means this shouldn't be a child account However, when I try to access certain apps, I get this message: [ATTACH] If I try to...
  3. microsoft family time limit, without any family accounts?

microsoft family time limit, without any family accounts?: ok so basically my old account (closing rn) was prevoiusly a part of a microsoft family account, listed as a child and there was a 2 hour time limit set from years back when my account was controlled by my dad. but i signed in with it (forgetting it was a child account) and...
  4. Share a photo album with ONLY family microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share a photo album with ONLY family microsoft accounts: Hi everyone, Back in the day, I was able to share photos with my family using onedrive. It let me select their Microsoft Account and select view or edit. I've tried to do this with a photo album tonight, but the only option seems to be to share it with a link... i.e. no...
  5. I don't have "Family and other users" option under accounts and cannot and a new user

I don't have "Family and other users" option under accounts and cannot and a new user: I don't have "Family and other users" option under accounts and cannot and a new user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-family-and-other-users-option-under/e5f9582b-5249-4ca3-9200-8e00a2383cf3"
  6. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...: Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly. Until they do, this weekly report will not reflect their screen time and recent activity for that device. I am getting message (as per subject) on one of...
  7. Family PC locked out due to time limit on childs account - unable to reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Family PC locked out due to time limit on childs account - unable to reset: My child installed a cross platform game from xbox to windows 10 pc. apparently this brought the pc into his account and applied the time limits to the pc. now that his time has expired, we are unable to bypass the restrictions on the PC to get into the account. i have...
  8. Change language of Activity Report in Microsoft Family Account

Change language of Activity Report in Microsoft Family Account: I've setup an Activity Report for my son in Microsoft Family account. The problem is that I receive the report in German, even if my account setting is in Italian. How can I change the language to Italian? Thanks Edika...
  9. Unlink family member MS account from my acount/PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlink family member MS account from my acount/PC: How do I unlink a family member Microsoft account from my laptop running Windows 10? Family member used my laptop and now their email account shows up under my profile instead of mine....
  10. Monitor Activity of User/Family Account designated Adult and Standard

Monitor Activity of User/Family Account designated Adult and Standard: Is it possible to monitor the activity of a User Account, I created for a Family member, and to which I designated to have Adult/Standard permissions? If so, could someone please advise? If there is not an option to monitor activity of this type of User Account; is there a...