Windows 10: family account

Discus and support family account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; so I am stuck in my dads Microsoft family as a child account but I don't talk to my dad anymore how do I leave the family cause I don't want to lose my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LukeJohnson15, Oct 8, 2019.

1. family account

so I am stuck in my dads Microsoft family as a child account but I don't talk to my dad anymore how do I leave the family cause I don't want to lose my account

:)

LukeJohnson15, Oct 8, 2019

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Oct 8, 2019
  4. family account

Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

family account

1. family account - Similar Threads - family account

2. How to enable family child account to install software on their computer without giving...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to enable family child account to install software on their computer without giving...: My son is getting older, and I would like to enable him to download and install software (not just the Microsoft Store apps) on his Windows 10 Pro computer without giving him administrative privileges. The primary reason for not wanting him to have administrative privileges...
  3. Accidently changed admin account to standard account and removed 'family and other users'...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidently changed admin account to standard account and removed 'family and other users'...: Hi, I accidently changed my admin account to a standard account in settings. Due to this I cannot uninstall apps, access chrome, and modify other things in settings. I am very frustrated! Can someone please help me! By the way, 'family and other users' has disappeared from...
  4. A family member's email account (as well as my own) is linked to my Microsoft account. How...

A family member's email account (as well as my own) is linked to my Microsoft account. How...: I have a Microsoft account with my own email address associated with it. However, when setting up my wife's laptop, her email address is also somehow associated with my Microsoft account as well. How do I disassociate her email account from my MS account so that she can use...
  5. Managing multiple family members across multiple Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Managing multiple family members across multiple Microsoft accounts: After reading several topics on the forums here, I have come to the conclusion that: 1. I cannot have more than six members in any given family group 2. I cannot log into Office 365 on more than 5 devices under the same Microsoft account These two limits are going to...
  6. Family Account issue

Family Account issue: Hi. Have installed Adult and Child on my newly installed Windows 10 Home version. It is running with latest version (1903). When the Child requests to run an application in the excluded group (Chrome browser) the child initiates the message for the Adult to act on it. The...
  7. Microsoft Account no longer showing balance, for myself & family members

Microsoft Account no longer showing balance, for myself & family members: Previously (has been 6-8 months since I've checked) the Microsoft Account (via web browser) showed my account balance, and that of family members, under Spending. It also allowed me to add money to family members. Have been trying over the last few days to add money to a...
  8. I'm having trouble with our MS family account and screentime limits not working

I'm having trouble with our MS family account and screentime limits not working: It shows my youngest logged in to one of the 'ghost' MediaCenter computers at the bottom of the screenshot. I renamed her computer Christinas-PC (it was named MediaCenter) to see which one updated on the device page since there were 3 devices listed with the same name, and...
  9. someone who I dont know nor didnt invite is on my family account and I am the "child" so...

someone who I dont know nor didnt invite is on my family account and I am the "child" so...: for the past couple months there has been a random person on my microsoft family account and I just recently started getting popups and im obviously not gonna verify them I never added this person nor can I remove them easily...
  10. unable to remove family member account

unable to remove family member account: i just recently added a family member account on my pc and i wanted to delete it so i did the following i went to "manage family members online" andi deleted the account on there. so i went back to see if it was actually deleted and its not so i went back into "manage family...