Windows 10: Family Accounts

Discus and support Family Accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have created multiple Family Accounts (for kids). I see that I can block multiple websites, however, and also restrict them to install apps by age... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Renate 123, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Family Accounts

I have created multiple Family Accounts (for kids).

I see that I can block multiple websites, however, and also restrict them to install apps by age restriction.

However, I want to restrict them to install ANY apps by themselves. Also I want to block ability to run any exe files on computer from kids accounts.

How to do this?

How can I do this? I knwo that I could use local policies or something like that, but it is nto compatible with Family Accounts Onlkine, or is it?

:)

Renate 123, Mar 26, 2019

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Family Accounts

Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Family Accounts

1. Family Accounts - Similar Threads - Family Accounts

2. How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.: In my son's computer is coming all the time a pop up window asking to sign in his Microsoft account. That is happening in the last 2 days. Obviously is not an option to remove my son from the family because I use it to control times, until now everything was working perfectly...
  3. How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.: In my son's computer is coming all the time a pop up window asking to sign in his Microsoft account. That is happening in the last 2 days. Obviously is not an option to remove my son from the family because I use it to control times, until now everything was working perfectly...
  4. I am unable to remove my son from my family account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I am unable to remove my son from my family account.: I tried removing my son from the family account, which I am the only organizer, but it gave me the below error message.You can't remove Jackson from the family groupFamily members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted...
  5. I am unable to remove my son from my family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to remove my son from my family account.: I tried removing my son from the family account, which I am the only organizer, but it gave me the below error message.You can't remove Jackson from the family groupFamily members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted...
  6. I am unable to remove my son from my family account.

7. Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...: Note that one need to be the family organizer to remove people from the family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-daughters-account-is-now-managed-by-a-new/d2d833e8-2335-4944-9451-0ded37b395a2
  8. Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...

Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...: Note that one need to be the family organizer to remove people from the family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-daughters-account-is-now-managed-by-a-new/d2d833e8-2335-4944-9451-0ded37b395a2
  9. Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  10. I can't remove my son's account from my family group so we can join my wife's family group....

I can't remove my son's account from my family group so we can join my wife's family group....: My son and I are the only family members on my account. I created the family group without the knowledge that my wife had already created a group for her and my other 2 children. When I tried to remove my family group so that we could join my wife's family group, it will not...