Windows 10: Family Activity Reporting

Discus and support Family Activity Reporting in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Anyone have experience with family activity reporting? I'm trying to get an idea of how accurate it is. The hours seem excessive and while it may be... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by chowbella, Dec 5, 2019.

1. chowbella Win User

Family Activity Reporting

Anyone have experience with family activity reporting? I'm trying to get an idea of how accurate it is. The hours seem excessive and while it may be real I was suspect with them because of such a high number on a given day (Thanksgiving) when I no there wasn't much usage and yet it's zero on other days.

:)

chowbella, Dec 5, 2019

2. Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Child Activity Report

Hello Tareq,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your account or to your computer prior to this?
    • Which email address did you use when you've set up the Family Safety?

To make sure, I suggest that your follow these steps and see if it helps:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Find your child's name and select Activity.
    • If Activity reporting is turned Off, use the switch to turn it
      On.

Note: If you don't want to get weekly activity reports in your email, but still want to see your child's online activity, switch Email me weekly reports from On to Off.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Family Activity Reporting

microsoft family not reporting activity

just recently set up Microsoft family, and it is not reporting activity to the parent's device. I have looked all day at forums and tried everything they suggest, yet there has been none to work. I have done these on both computers in the family. the screen
    time and app limits are working but not the activity reporting.

Nathan Koll :), Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Family Activity Reporting

1. Family Activity Reporting - Similar Threads - Family Activity Reporting

2. Microsoft Family not reporting activity for one kid

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family not reporting activity for one kid: We bought two exact computers for our kids two weeks ago. Set up their microsoft accounts exactly the same way. One is reporting activity like normal, they other says 0 minutes of activity. It worked great for two days and then is stopped. I noticed this has been an issue in...
  3. Family app does not report activity

Family app does not report activity: I have setup my kids profile and have access to all the settings via Family app and also via the regular web based account setups. The activity tracking is enabled. But after first initial couple of weeks of activity reporting, there is no activity recorded/reported. I know...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report

Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report: Hello, I am having issues with Microsoft Family Safety Activity Report. One computer is not reporting any screen/app usage at all. Others using the same account do, but I am unable to get this one to work. I have tried many fixes from Microsoft and other sources...
  5. Family features activity reporting

Family features activity reporting: Hi! I am not able to get family features to show activity in web dashboard. I have tried everything I could find on the internet. Deleted parental folder contents in programdata, windows is up to date, verified all accounts on the computer, diagnostics data in windows is...
  6. Set up Microsoft family activity report

Set up Microsoft family activity report: I have heard about weekly reports for family activity but do not receive them in my email account. Furthermore, when you watch the 35 second video that is supposed to tell you how to "set them up", it simply says "Go to the app to research usage!". That's not a report....
  7. Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety

Android phone not reporting activity on Family Safety: Hi there, I have family safety installed on a Samsung Galaxy S10e assigned to a Microsoft account, which is also signed in on a Windows 10 laptop. Both devices are using Edge as their browser. The laptop is reporting the activity fine, but the Galaxy device is not reporting...
  8. microsoft family not reporting activity

microsoft family not reporting activity: just recently set up Microsoft family, and it is not reporting activity to the parent's device. I have looked all day at forums and tried everything they suggest, yet there has been none to work. I have done these on both computers in the family. the screen time and app...
  9. Family Activity Reporting - Can't fix

Family Activity Reporting - Can't fix: I can not view my childs activity reports because "Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly." However, the device that the sentence is referring to doesn't exist anymore and therefore my child can't...
  10. no reported activity on Microsoft Family

no reported activity on Microsoft Family: I cannot see any activity reporting when I log in Microsoft Family. I receive a message that ‘some settings on your child's device don't allow activity reporting’. It also ask me to ensure that the level for Diagnostic Data is set to Enhanced or Full. But, as I see, this...