Windows 10: Family added to work computer by mistake, how do you remove them?

Discus and support Family added to work computer by mistake, how do you remove them? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently logged into my work computer with my personal Microsoft account to access a work e-mail sent to my personal account. Somehow by doing so my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cautiously Optimistic, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Family added to work computer by mistake, how do you remove them?

I recently logged into my work computer with my personal Microsoft account to access a work e-mail sent to my personal account. Somehow by doing so my personal Microsoft account got synced with my work computer. That brought with it my entire family, as they were added to the family settings. After much frustration, I've disconnected and removed my personal Microsoft account, but my family still remains in family settings. They aren't being tracked there. I checked devices on my online account portal and this device is not in any of their accounts, but yet they still remain in "Family and other users" With their personal e-mail accounts on display. How do I remove them???

:)

Cautiously Optimistic, Dec 16, 2019

2. Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Family added to work computer by mistake, how do you remove them?

Family Safety seen not to be working

Hi Roi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Which Windows 10 build is installed on your computer?

I would suggest you to remove the child account from the family safety website and then add it again. Follow the below steps:

• Login to the
      www.familysafety.microsoft.com
    • Remove the Child account.
    • Now from the Parent computer, open Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Family and other users.
    • Click on Add someone else to this PC.
    • Enter the Email address of the Child account which was removed.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Now a verification email address will be send to the Child’s Email address.
    • Then login to the family safety website and then you can put the restrictions for the Child.
    Hope this helps. Post back with the results so that we can assist you further.

Sara Mohammedi, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Family added to work computer by mistake, how do you remove them?

1. Family added to work computer by mistake, how do you remove them? - Similar Threads - Family added computer

2. How do I remove myself from a family group I was mistakenly added to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove myself from a family group I was mistakenly added to?: My email address was used by someone else to make a child account that is affiliated with a family group. I do not know any members of the group. I have recovered the account and am trying to use it but as the owner of the account is another member of the family group, not...
  3. How do I remove myself from a family group I was mistakenly added to?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I remove myself from a family group I was mistakenly added to?: My email address was used by someone else to make a child account that is affiliated with a family group. I do not know any members of the group. I have recovered the account and am trying to use it but as the owner of the account is another member of the family group, not...
  4. family adding not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family adding not working: In the Microsoft store app it asked for consent to the account but when the name and the password is filled in it says the following:its not you, its us. And the only option is cancel any help? We have tried several methods such as from the app and from the computer that...
  5. family adding not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family adding not working: In the Microsoft store app it asked for consent to the account but when the name and the password is filled in it says the following:its not you, its us. And the only option is cancel any help? We have tried several methods such as from the app and from the computer that...
  6. family adding not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. how do I remove the last 2 languages? I tried adding them and removing them but no good...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I remove the last 2 languages? I tried adding them and removing them but no good...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CrimsonBlossom [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6ijei/how_do_i_remove_the_last_2_languages_i_tried/
  8. how do you remove these?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do you remove these?: [ATTACH] how do you remove those in the dropdown? i dont even know what to call them. https://preview.redd.it/f51p1kpw69c61.png?width=637&format=png&auto=webp&s=ca60fd1a7456a6df4f03fe6d2f9d21d4d72a2992 submitted by /u/YoBoiAvi482 [link] [comments]...
  9. How do you remove this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you remove this?: [img] 145851
  10. How do you remove this?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you remove this?: [img] 145851