Windows 10: family and devices tab on account website

Discus and support family and devices tab on account website in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good day everyone I am not sure if everyone is having this issue but anytime I go to the Family or Devices tab under account.microsoft.com I get... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jar92380, Jun 28, 2019.

1. jar92380 Win User

family and devices tab on account website

Good day everyone

I am not sure if everyone is having this issue but anytime I go to the Family or Devices tab under account.microsoft.com I get website errors.

On the Devices tab I get the following error

Try that again

Something happened on our end, and we can't show all the data at the moment. Waiting a bit might help. Try again

TraceId: okEnr+wyGEaBxS5G.6.6.5​

On the account tab I am seeing this

Give us a little while to fix this

Something’s wrong on our side. For now, you may want to try searching for something else.

Does anyone know if there is a resolution/ETA or possible work around?

:)

jar92380, Jun 28, 2019
  2. Arnie Est Win User

family account

Hi Natasha,

About your concern, your son's account is under Family account which limits your child in downloading apps that is inappropriate for his age. To manage your family account, you may follow the steps below:

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• Select the child whose settings you want to manage from the list of children in your Family.

• Choose what to turn on or change for your child's account:
    • Recent activity allows you to see what websites they've been visiting, what apps and games they've been using, and how much time they've been spending on their devices.
    • Web browsing lets you choose what websites your child can and can't see.
    • Apps & games allows you to limit the apps and games your child can download from the Windows Store. It also lets you unblock any app or game you’ve blocked previously.
    • Screen time allows you to set the maximum amount of time they can spend on their devices.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Arnie Est, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Family members user accounts

For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating a test user account and the photos app works fine if a new account gets created. So I was thinking of deleting both their MS user accounts on my PC and creating them again.

But do I need to remove them as family members also via my outlook website login family tab before I recreate their user accounts again, they are both listed as family members on there and are associated with the PC name. Or can I just delete their user accounts and re-add them as family members on my PC without these shenanigans. It would save time as when you create a family member normally you have to then get them to login to their email and accept etc.

thanks, wayne

Scottyboy99, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Family Features Blocking Chrome on Adult Account

Hello,

Best that we could suggest here as an easy fix is to have the Family feature administrator remove your account from the list. Feel free to check out
    this link from our support website for steps on how to do so.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. family and devices tab on account website - Similar Threads - family devices tab

2. Family Safety Issue With Websites

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Issue With Websites: So, not only is the 'ask now' feature not working for a site, the parent of the family can't manually allow it. It's formatted 'example.com' instead of 'www.example.com' or anything like that, and Microsoft is claiming it's not a valid site. The child can get onto it on...
  3. Family Devices not showing in Microsoft Account

Family Devices not showing in Microsoft Account: https://account.microsoft.com Used to be able to see family devices, windows machines under Devices listed in the Microsoft Account Online in the Web Browser. The permission for this is set for each Family member and still can be toggled under each Organiser. 181203
  4. Device not listed for child account in family

Device not listed for child account in family: I have setup my child with Microsoft family and allowed access.Both accounts - parent and child - are on same Windows 10 pc. Child account is a standard user.However after child sign-in, the Microsoft family pape still showsConnected Devices:0for the child. That's why I...
  5. Family Safety Website is blocking approved School work websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family Safety Website is blocking approved School work websites: I have allowed the website: http://activities.mathletics.com but it still makes the child request every time he tries to access anything in his math website. So I added in further sites in case it didn't like the main website:...
  6. Family Safety website blocking

Family Safety website blocking: Hi, The web browsing blocking for individual websites is not working in the family safety application. I believe it may be because the app is adding the scheme informationhttps twice. You can see this by adding a site and clicking or mousing over the link it adds. Below is a...
  7. Microsoft Family Website Permissions

Microsoft Family Website Permissions: After "Allowing" access to website, child is still unable to access and is repeatedly notified that they must request permission to visit the site. Despite repeated attempts, access is not provided despite being "Allowed". How can I provide my child access to the following...
  8. Website Management - Family Account

Website Management - Family Account: I have placed a variety of controls over my children's Microsoft accounts but they don't seem to prevent certain things: My child can create a new profile in Microsoft Edge My child seems to have access to https://account.microsoft.com/ even though it is in the blocked list...
  9. Add device to my account/family

Add device to my account/family: The add device does not let me add my computer directly. Instead it asks me to login to my desktop using the email and go to Your Info in Settings and login using my email. However I did do that and it still doesn't show up. Anybody that can help ? I am having real...
  10. Family device

Family device: Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly. But we no longer have access to this device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-device/71cf1d74-d938-4aa1-b6eb-283e0bbc3bc6"