Windows 10: Family Calendar: when will it be editable on the desktop?

Discus and support Family Calendar: when will it be editable on the desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; MS, why in the world would you set up the shared family calendar so that it is not editable or you cannot make additions from the desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tcninquisitor, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Family Calendar: when will it be editable on the desktop?

MS, why in the world would you set up the shared family calendar so that it is not editable or you cannot make additions from the desktop. Additionally, categories for family calendar entries on the phone don't appear but they do on the desktop but they are greyed out so they can't be used.

:)

tcninquisitor, Jul 23, 2019
  2. gpstoloff Win User

Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

Mate, I feel your pain.

I've been able to get my family calendar to load in Outlook.com (Web browser), W10 Calendar, Outlook for Android, and Outlook 365. Of all of these choices, the ONLY app where my Family calendar is READ-ONLY is ......Outlook 365.

In fact, the ONLY Outlook.com-based calendar that I can edit in Outlook 365 is my personal calendar. According to MS Tech Support (2nd level), because it links to Outlook.com as an Exchange server, it only will update its own account's calendar.

So, I'm hoping someone has an answer soon.

gpstoloff, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Family Calendar

Hi Ian,

If you're referring to a shared family calendar, we do have this option available when you log in to your
    Outlook.com account. The steps on how to create a shared family calendar using Microsoft family can be found on this

support article

Feel free to post back should you have other concerns.

Darwin Dim, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Family Calendar: when will it be editable on the desktop?

Adding outlook family calendar to outlook 365

Thank you. I looked at the link and I think what I need is ‘publish calendar’ which may get me the ics link I wanted. I’ll give it a go later on. It may not play ball because it is a family calendar rather than a conventional one but it sounds like it’s the best option. I don’t need the edit access in outlook 365, I just want the appointments in there and on my mac calendar so everything gets updates when I add a family entry on my iPhone. It’s tough to get a calendar that supports everything. I’d use iCloud calendar but mail and calendar app doesn’t support it. This way all our devices and machines plus Alexa can read the family calendar

cheers,
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Family Calendar: when will it be editable on the desktop?

1. Family Calendar: when will it be editable on the desktop? - Similar Threads - Family Calendar editable

2. Family Calendar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Family Calendar: Family group calendar is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-calendar/2d5a7c17-1db8-444b-b34c-ddb9a3976406
  3. My Family Calendar disappear on all desktop Calendar, Outlook 365 and Windows Calendar Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Family Calendar disappear on all desktop Calendar, Outlook 365 and Windows Calendar Outlook: After the update of My Family App, all my Family Calendar on all devices from the family disappeared with all the appointments . Only remains the new online My Family Calendar. But all the old appointments are gone. How can I get back the synchronisation? Thank you for your...
  4. Family calendar gone

Family calendar gone: Has anyone noticed their ms family Calendar is gone. Logged on this evening and went to add something to it only to realise it was missing. Not just on the pc but also on our devices (such as iOS) too. Maybe a glitch at MS end but its annoying. Our family uses it quite a bit...
  5. My outlook calendar works but family calendar in windows missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My outlook calendar works but family calendar in windows missing: Family calendar suddenly disappear, please check asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-outlook-calendar-works-but-family-calendar-in/0961b631-3660-4d00-956f-965df396bb6d
  6. Family Calendar on desktop

Family Calendar on desktop: Hi! I have a family and family calendar set up. The Family Calendar is available when using outlook live online. It comes up under "Groups > Your Family". However, it has disappeared from the Calendar App and Outlook app in Windows 10 on the desktop. I tried to add a new...
  7. "Family calendar" URL Points to Incorrect Calendar Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Family calendar" URL Points to Incorrect Calendar Name: When I browse to our family calendar from the https://account.microsoft.com/family/, the link points to this location: https://outlook.live.com/calendar/view/month?OCID=family_calendar Note that the "f" is not capitalized in the link above, however the Family website...
  8. Unable to edit calendar event

Unable to edit calendar event: I set up a monthly series to remind me to do things on a monthly basis. When that event occurs, I edit that days occurance by adding ok and saving. This has worked well. All of a sudden the event has turned private and is locked and I cannot edit it....
  9. Can't create or edit Family Calendar items in Outlook 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't create or edit Family Calendar items in Outlook 2013: I've created a Family Calendar on Outlook.com, and I'm able to view and edit this calendar at outlook.com and in the Outlook for Android app on my phone. In Outlook 2013, I can see the Family Calendar, but the New Appointment and New Meeting buttons are disabled. I cannot...
  10. Editing event in calendar

Editing event in calendar: I am trying to edit and delete recurring events in the calendar app. Clicking on the event shows you a button to edit. Upon pressing the edit button, a screen comes up showing the details of the event, but no where is there a button to either edit or delete. Can someone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make family calendar editable in Outlook