Windows 10: Family cant give permission for app

Discus and support Family cant give permission for app in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm using Microsoft family and have two computers and two child account on each. I'm trying to install an app that is already working on the first... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by om228, Apr 9, 2019.

1. om228 Win User

Family cant give permission for app

I'm using Microsoft family and have two computers and two child account on each. I'm trying to install an app that is already working on the first computer (ROBLOX) on both accounts on the second computer. The first account worked fine now issues but the second account keeps asking me "you need to ask an adult for permission" I go into the family account and allow it and it says "allowed" but when I try to open it same message. Getting very frusteated thank in advance

:)

om228, Apr 9, 2019

2. Family Permissions

Hi,

For us to provide you the next step in troubleshooting this issue, we would like to gather more information:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to access the app?
    • What age is your account registered to?
    • How many accounts are registered under the family?
    • Are the other accounts also experiencing this issue?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Family cant give permission for app

Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Family cant give permission for app

1. Family cant give permission for app - Similar Threads - Family cant permission

2. Family Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Permissions: Was removed from the family safety thing And have restarted And still getting pop ups asking for permission, When I clicked ask my email they always say " Something went wrong " I don't know why I am still getting these popups if I'm no longer in a microsoft family safety...
  3. Family Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Permissions: Was removed from the family safety thing And have restarted And still getting pop ups asking for permission, When I clicked ask my email they always say " Something went wrong " I don't know why I am still getting these popups if I'm no longer in a microsoft family safety...
  4. Giving apps file permissions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Giving apps file permissions?: I downloaded Enter the Gungeon and want to install Mod the Gungeon, but when I try opening EtG.exe with it, it says I have to get permission from the owner. I've gone through all the hassle of giving myself admin and transferring ownership to my account, so I AM the owner....
  5. Cannot give permission for Chrome in Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot give permission for Chrome in Microsoft Family: Suddenly my son is unable to use Chrome its been fine for years and he is now prompted to ask for permission from me via email New app request from ***. I grant permission by clicking on the link and it shows briefly in the family screen as given, but it still does not...
  6. Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to...: Say I set a file to have full control permission and ownership for the Administrators, if I transfer this to another computer with a different device name, will the file also have full control and ownership for administrators on that computer? If not, will changing the device...
  7. Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to...

Will giving permissions and ownership to the administrator group also give permission to...: [IMG] Say I set a file to have full control permission and ownership for the Administrators, if I transfer this to another computer with a different device name, will the file also have full control and ownership for administrators on that computer? If not, will changing...
  8. Cant access permissions for desktop apps

Cant access permissions for desktop apps: I need to allow my browser (chrome) to access camera and microphone in order to do video conferencing. In the permissions settings page desktop apps are allowed permissions but none show up. I am also unable to access app settings from either right clicking in start menu or...
  9. Microsoft Family Permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Permissions: My 'Microsoft Family' has 2 adults including myself and several child accounts. For reasons I have never undertood, requests for "additional screen time" only come to me, and not to my wife. Even if she uses the "my parent is here" option, she cannot grant him more time....
  10. How to give permissions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to give permissions?: how to give permissions ***Modified title from: permissions*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-give-permissions/352a0774-3311-4047-8075-a58cce77ef8e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. family safety ask permission granted but cant use app