Windows 10: Family Control Bugged - No application recorded to allow access

Discus and support Family Control Bugged - No application recorded to allow access in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I installed Windows 10 in my computer and created an account to my kid. Everything works fine in my account including firefox and chrome that are... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NickArth, Jun 14, 2021.

1. NickArth Win User

Family Control Bugged - No application recorded to allow access

Hi, I installed Windows 10 in my computer and created an account to my kid. Everything works fine in my account including firefox and chrome that are needed to perform his school classes and online activities. However on my kids account firefox and chrome request permission to an adult. After I allow his use firefox, for instance, I see on screen it has been allowed but when he tries to access it request permission again and again... a never ending process. Just in case I tried to refresh family page just after give permission and for my surprise the Allowed information has goneIn contact wi

:)

NickArth, Jun 14, 2021
  2. Steeboo Win User

Windows Firewall - how to allow access

I believe that my firewall is blocking access to Family Tree Maker / Ancestry / MacKiev SYNC - I can't see any reference to any of these names in the allowed list ....

I can't see any way of adding to the allowed list

Any suggestions ?

Steeboo, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Matt316 Win User
    Controlled Folder Access

Hi.

I've been using Controlled Folder Access recently but I'm having a problem getting one application to change/create files. I use doPDF8 to create PDF files, but when CFA is active, it won't save my work. The notice explaining that something has tried accessing the folder only comes up once. (I assume that if you don't do anything about it, the program trying to access the file is put on the 'black list'.) Turning CFA off and then on again causes the notice to appear once more. However, the notice seems to suggest that it is C:\Windows\splwow64.exe that is trying to access/create the file, but when I put this into the 'allow app control' list, it still doesn't work. The only way I can find to get the PDF file created is to turn off CFA, create the file and then turn it back on again.

Any ideas?

Matt

(Windows 10 ver 1709)

Matt316, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Controlled folder access problems

The action center notification for a Controlled Folder Access event tells you exactly what was blocked and the path to find it. You can then just add it to the 'allowed apps' list.

This is not always the obvious executable you'd expect. @NickJP's LibreOffice is a case in point. To get full access for my LibreOffice it was soffice.bin that had to be an allowed app.

If you no longer have the action center notification to hand, or if the path was truncated because it's too long, don't worry. These Controlled Folder Access events are also recorded in the Event Log as Event ID 1123 in...
    Application and Service Logs/Microsoft/Windows/Windows Defender/Operational

Thema:

1. Family Control Bugged - No application recorded to allow access - Similar Threads - Family Control Bugged

2. GameDVR_config not allowing to record

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GameDVR_config not allowing to record: Hey,I had been using a 3rd-party screen recorder to record videos because GameDVR isn't compatible with my brother's old system and the software has always worked so well maybe because it was a self-substitute for MS PowerPoint but with way cooler features. But lately due to...
  3. The parent controls won't allow me to access my children's profiles in family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The parent controls won't allow me to access my children's profiles in family: Unable to set much-needed parental controls. Unclear why system won't let me click on children's profiles to set the limits. Any ideas? I've followed every guide. I need to set it so that they can't game during distance learning but have time after "school." I'm surprised it...
  4. Allow WDAC application Control policy to allow Microsoft patches to run

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allow WDAC application Control policy to allow Microsoft patches to run: Hello All, I have created WDAC policy on Windows 10 enterprise. I created the WDAC policy in the following method: I used the following files to merged and created the .BIN file 1. AllowMicrosoft.xmldefault Microsoft example files that comes with he OS- to allow Microsoft...
  5. Family Account Application Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Family Account Application Access: I want to use a PC as a family PC and I want each family member to have acess to the same apps, even those outside of Microsoft Office. So far, only I as an administrator have access to all the apps, once a family members logs in, only very basic applications are displayed....
  6. Microsoft Family asking for permission for pre-allowed application

Microsoft Family asking for permission for pre-allowed application: Before a windows update, I was able to use an application however after the update, upon trying to open the application I am prompted to ask for permission; although the adults in my family did not change any settings. Why does this happen?...
  7. Microsoft Family - allowing wildcard access to websites

Microsoft Family - allowing wildcard access to websites: Hi I am finding Microsoft Family useful but I feel there is one significant improvement that could be made to the mechanism whereby access to specific websites is granted. If my child wishes to access different subdomains on the same website, I have to add each one...
  8. Allowing Apps. through Controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allowing Apps. through Controlled folder access: I have a list of 14 ".exe" files under the subject heading; there seems to be no way of deleting them or allowing them; the "+ Add an allowed app button" just results in opening up what appear to be I have a list of 16 ".exe" files under Allowing Apps. through Controlled...
  9. Allowing an application to access a file in Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Allowing an application to access a file in Personal Vault: I have an application which access data in and stores data in a file. This file is currently in a folder in OneDrive. I can access it locally the app access the local copy which is in my Documents folder in OneDrive. It's fine. I can also access it when I run the same...
  10. Allow an app through Controled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow an app through Controled folder access: Hello I am not sure what this image attached to this question is asking I.e I have no idea what app is being referr[ATTACH]ed to! I am not even sure what the 'Control folder' refers to! I was going to look it up like usual before posting but I have many things open...