Windows 10: Family Controls not showing all installed apps

Discus and support Family Controls not showing all installed apps in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to set up app controls for my child's account. All seems to have worked, except that when I try to set individual app limits none of the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MarkJamesRose, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Family Controls not showing all installed apps

I'm trying to set up app controls for my child's account.

All seems to have worked, except that when I try to set individual app limits none of the installed games on the local machine show up in the list. In fact the list of installed applications seems to be the default windows apps only things like 3D viewer etc. Since I cant see the installed apps like, say, minecraft or the steam games I can't block or control them.

On the local machine I can see all the apps installed via control panel. All the items run under my child's local account when he's logged in.

I've tried removing and removing and re-adding the account to the family group and restarting etc. with no success. Any suggestions? Thanks!

:)

MarkJamesRose, Feb 17, 2021

2. Plex installed, but not showing up as an app in Family

Our family shares a laptop. We all have separate accounts, each tied to a microsoft account, and I can see all the family members listed at https://account.microsoft.com/family/.

I can block my kids' access to some apps, like Chrome, and this works fine.

However, I use Plex on my account, but I don't want the kids to use it. But, Plex doesn't show up on the list of apps in the family safety website, so I can't block it.

Appreciate any help.

Best,

Insano

Capt_Insano, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Family reports not showing up

Hello,

Well, there are some additional steps which needs to be enabled once we are in Windows 10, that was the reason I had suggest to follow the steps from the link, but as you have mentioned that everything was setup correctly you may follow the steps and check.

• Press Windows key + R key.

• Type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press
      Enter.

• Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.
    This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from

familysafety.microsoft.com
    the next time you sign in.

Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Feb 17, 2021
  4. niko084 Win User

Family Controls not showing all installed apps

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Family Controls not showing all installed apps

1. Family Controls not showing all installed apps - Similar Threads - Family Controls showing

2. No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options at all for Xbox Accessories App with any controller - Not showing - Not working: Hello. Attached are photos of what I am referring too. I can't change anything. There are no options to customize/edit the controller. What am I doing wrong? What can I check?...
  3. Is Family Safety app working at all?? .

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is Family Safety app working at all?? .: Is Family Safety app working at all?? If there was a glitch like the MS support responded to another user, how can it happen one way?? My wife cam see me on the app on her phone, but I can't .....
  4. Is Family Safety app working at all?? .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Family Safety app working at all?? .: Is Family Safety app working at all?? If there was a glitch like the MS support responded to another user, how can it happen one way?? My wife cam see me on the app on her phone, but I can't .....
  5. Is Family Safety app working at all?? .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Apps & features not showing all installed apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Apps & features not showing all installed apps: Hi. Yesterday I tried to update my Windows 10 to a newer version version 2004, in the update it froze on 100%, and after a couple of hours I decided to force restart the computer. When I started up the operating system again it didn't boot properly, so something did happen...
  7. Plex installed, but not showing up as an app in Family

Plex installed, but not showing up as an app in Family: Our family shares a laptop. We all have separate accounts, each tied to a microsoft account, and I can see all the family members listed at https://account.microsoft.com/family/. I can block my kids' access to some apps, like Chrome, and this works fine. However, I use...
  8. Family Controls

Family Controls: Hi all, My son has a new Win 10 laptop for school and I have set up screen time limits and content restrictions. Over the last few months i have noticed erratic appliction of screen time limits and the content restrictions are not working for games he has installed without...
  9. "All apps" menu not showing ANY apps installed on machine

"All apps" menu not showing ANY apps installed on machine: Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and was excited to find it as there are a lot of people giving great answers to Windows 10 problems and I sadly ran into one recently. I have had Windows 10 installed for about 4 months now and things have been going decent. A couple...
  10. "All Apps" Doesn't Show All Apps Installed

"All Apps" Doesn't Show All Apps Installed: Random apps are not showing up in the "All Apps" section of the Start Menu after installing a clean version of Windows 10 (not an upgrade), and re-installing all my favorite software, In other words, finding a launcher to countless programs now means visiting "C:/Program...