Windows 10: Family device

Discus and support Family device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly. But we no longer have access to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lovey518, Jan 24, 2019.

1. lovey518 Win User

Family device

Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly.

But we no longer have access to this device.

:)

lovey518, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Family Safety issues

Hi,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're experiencing issues with Family when searching for the device. To assist you better, we'd like to clarify few things:

• When you mention 2 devices on your sons account, do you want to use two devices but using one account?
    • Could you provide us a screen shot of family list devices?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check and follow the steps in this articles below on how to set up your Family:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Family device 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Family device

Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Family device

1. Family device - Similar Threads - Family device

2. my device w10 family 22h2 has not wi-fi feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my device w10 family 22h2 has not wi-fi feature: i can't find a wi-fi unction on my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-w10-family-22h2-has-not-wi-fi-feature/ca685beb-445c-444f-a071-99b108410827
  3. my device w10 family 22h2 has not wi-fi feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my device w10 family 22h2 has not wi-fi feature: i can't find a wi-fi unction on my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-device-w10-family-22h2-has-not-wi-fi-feature/ca685beb-445c-444f-a071-99b108410827
  4. my device w10 family 22h2 has not wi-fi feature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group: I have been using Family Safety for some time but recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my son's PC. This PC was previously detected by Family Safety, time limits functioned correctly, etc., but after the Windows reinstall, the device no longer showed up and I could no longer...
  6. Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group

Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group: I have been using Family Safety for some time but recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my son's PC. This PC was previously detected by Family Safety, time limits functioned correctly, etc., but after the Windows reinstall, the device no longer showed up and I could no longer...
  7. How to remove old devices Family Safety application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove old devices Family Safety application: Hello dear community. I have one PC with Windows 11. There are 2 Microsoft accounts. First admin account my account. Second standard account my child. I use parental control with Family Safety application.I reinstalled the OS and now in the Family Safty application I see that...
  8. How to remove old devices Family Safety application

How to remove old devices Family Safety application: Hello dear community. I have one PC with Windows 11. There are 2 Microsoft accounts. First admin account my account. Second standard account my child. I use parental control with Family Safety application.I reinstalled the OS and now in the Family Safty application I see that...
  9. Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work: I have set 3 hrs of device usage overall on Widows 11 laptops Home game laptop and School laptop, I have also set 2 hrs of limits on the main game platform apps - steam for example - as well as the chrome browser.The limits are totally ignored, and seem irrelevant, just do...
  10. Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work

Family safety - device time set or App time settings do not work: I have set 3 hrs of device usage overall on Widows 11 laptops Home game laptop and School laptop, I have also set 2 hrs of limits on the main game platform apps - steam for example - as well as the chrome browser.The limits are totally ignored, and seem irrelevant, just do...