Windows 10: Family - Extra Time for Windows 10

Discus and support Family - Extra Time for Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am a big fan of this app and it typically works great. However, my son has to repeatedly request more time to use Windows 10. This occurs in the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mmartin306, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Family - Extra Time for Windows 10

I am a big fan of this app and it typically works great. However, my son has to repeatedly request more time to use Windows 10. This occurs in the middle of the day when he is remote learning at school. All restrictions are turned off during this time. I see absolutely no reason why he would need to request more time. And the most I can give him is 3 hours! So a few hours later, it will require me to grant him more time, once again. Any ideas? I don't even see Windows 10 as an app that can I control and he is using well within the hours I have established for him to use his computer.

I appreciate any help anyone can provide! I've done searches and cannot find anything that addresses this, specifically.

:)

mmartin306, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    How to revoke extra screen time provided to child

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to revoke the extra time that you have provided to your child. Currently, there is no option to revoke or undo the time extension that has been provided.

However, you can go ahead and change the time limit that your child has to access the device and check if that makes a difference. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Login to
      https://login.live.com
      with the Microsoft account.
    2. Click on Family.
    3. Under your child account, click on Screen time.
    4. Now, you can change the screen time that has been assigned to your child.

Also, I suggest you to provide your valuable feedback in Feedback hub so that the developing team can review your suggestions. To provide your feedback, please refer to the article
    Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Anonimiss Win User

Family - Extra Time for Windows 10

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Family - Extra Time for Windows 10

1. Family - Extra Time for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Family Extra

2. Auto Joins Family Safety?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Joins Family Safety?: I was using my computer when I got a popup saying I need "adult" permission to enter this site or app."You’ll need to ask to use this site. If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family."I never activated Family Settings and then I saw a family organizer who...
  3. Auto Joins Family Safety?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto Joins Family Safety?: I was using my computer when I got a popup saying I need "adult" permission to enter this site or app."You’ll need to ask to use this site. If you want to, just send a request to an adult in your family."I never activated Family Settings and then I saw a family organizer who...
  4. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...: I was prompted to create a Microsoft account on my laptop but I selected random numbers as my birthday so the system tagged me as a family member. The same email address was also registered as the administrator. I have since closed said account but on my device, I still can't...
  5. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...: I was prompted to create a Microsoft account on my laptop but I selected random numbers as my birthday so the system tagged me as a family member. The same email address was also registered as the administrator. I have since closed said account but on my device, I still can't...
  6. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

7. Family stuff boken fix please

Family stuff boken fix please: I have resently removed screen time limmit on my sons computer but it stays at 8h and he can request for more time so what the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-stuff-boken-fix-please/e15b095e-501a-449f-9224-b1c559050d62
  8. Family stuff boken fix please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family stuff boken fix please: I have resently removed screen time limmit on my sons computer but it stays at 8h and he can request for more time so what the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-stuff-boken-fix-please/e15b095e-501a-449f-9224-b1c559050d62
  9. Family stuff boken fix please

10. Block access after adding extra time using Family Safety

Block access after adding extra time using Family Safety: Consider this scenario:. a member my child requests extra time when his time has run out or is about to run out. As a parent, I add 1 hr. 30min pass and I regret the decision but there is no way to override the extra hour and restrict access other than blocking all apps one...