Windows 10: FAMILY FEATURES BLOCKING BROWSERS

Discus and support FAMILY FEATURES BLOCKING BROWSERS in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; For those who have waited for an answer I finally have it. After 2 years of having trouble I have finally fixed the problem with my browsers. Easy... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jacob Rayburn, Oct 19, 2019.

1. FAMILY FEATURES BLOCKING BROWSERS

For those who have waited for an answer I finally have it. After 2 years of having trouble I have finally fixed the problem with my browsers.

Easy Solution, remove your computer from your Microsoft account. it was that easy

:)

Jacob Rayburn, Oct 19, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Family Features Blocking Chrome on Adult Account

Hello,

Best that we could suggest here as an easy fix is to have the Family feature administrator remove your account from the list. Feel free to check out
    this link from our support website for steps on how to do so.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    How to I add an application to "Blocked apps & games" section of Microsoft Account, Family tab

Hi,

Blocking third-party browsers is an automatic side-effect of turning on the
    Block inappropriate websites
    feature. To turn this feature on, follow these steps:

• Login using the parent account of your Microsoft family
      here
    • Select your child's account.
    • Click Web browsing from the left pane, under Recent activity.
    • Switch Block inappropriate websites to On. The following description will appear:
      “To protect your child, we’ve only given them access to Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. All other commonly used browsers are blocked. If you want your child to have access to other browsers, go to Apps & games page under Blocked apps."

After following these steps, all browsers except for Edge and Internet Explorer are automatically blocked.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Microsoft Family.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Ian Ser Win User

FAMILY FEATURES BLOCKING BROWSERS

Windows 10 Family Safety is blocking my browser!!!

Can you confirm if you are out of the Family Safety feature on your parent's account on this
    link? If you've confirmed that you're no longer on the list of monitored child accounts, we suggest deleting the Family Safety folder. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key + E on your keyboard.
    • On the address bar, type this address C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press
      Enter.
    • Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Restart and see if the issue is resolved.

Let us know how it went for you.

Ian Ser, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

FAMILY FEATURES BLOCKING BROWSERS

1. FAMILY FEATURES BLOCKING BROWSERS - Similar Threads - FAMILY FEATURES BLOCKING

2. Family Features blocking Firefox

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Features blocking Firefox: Hi,I am trying to install Firefox and I keep getting a popup saying I need to have permission through Family Feature to install the app. The problem is that I am 22 years old, and, to my knowledge, I have NEVER been on any Microsoft Family Feature Plan. Please help!...
  3. Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked

Microsoft Family Browsers Blocked: Microsoft Family, by default, includes a large number of browsers that are deactivated. This is helpful in that it allows for easy monitoring of traffic on the approved browser Edge that I can monitor on my children's accounts. This is to report a package--AMD Radeon...
  4. Opera GX Browser Blocked By Family Features

Opera GX Browser Blocked By Family Features: Hello MS community! I have downloaded the Opera GX browser from opera.com, and I cannot use it because of MS family. How do I disable this or how do my parents allow it? My parents can give me certain amounts of time but no completely allow it. I am so frustrated at the...
  5. Block family features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Block family features: I reinstalled Windows with version 2004 and there are family settings which won’t let me launch chrome or Firefox. I left the family online but it still won’t let me. My account is also administrator. Is there any way to force disable this feature? submitted by /u/Esconis...
  6. Family features blocking Chrome

Family features blocking Chrome: every time I try to run Chrome, W10 throws an error saying I need permission from a parent. I am not currently part of a family group so this makes no sense. How do I fix this? I have also already setup a separate local account but that is not a valid solution. I need my...
  7. browser blocked by family settings as an adult

browser blocked by family settings as an adult: When i open any other browser than edge on my windows 10 computer i get a pop up saying i need to ask permission from an adult. My Microsoft account family is empty with only my account. Worked just fine yesterday… Getting rly damn frustated with the support bot too. Waited...
  8. Steam Game blocked by Family Features

Steam Game blocked by Family Features: Any time I've tried to open Train Mechanic Simulator 2017 recently, it just keeps saying it's blocked by Windows Family Features, even when one of the adults in my family unblocked it, I restarted my PC multiple times but to no avail. Is there any way to stop this?...
  9. Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!

Microsoft family features blocking firefox!!!!: Whenever I try to open Firefox or Google Chrome it always displays this message: [ATTACH] Then if I click "Ask by email" it shows: [ATTACH] Which I assume is due to my Microsoft account already being an adult. I've spent countless hours googling, researching how other people...
  10. Family features blocking chrome

Family features blocking chrome: Before you say anything I've already searched up everything and I'm not in a family but I still cant access chrome and also I'm an administrator for my computer but still cant access chrome even after uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting and joining and leaving a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you cant use opera gx internet browserif you want to use it youll need to ask an adult in your family.

2. disable family features blocking web browsers

3. how do i add browsers to blocked list on windows 10 family