Windows 10: Family Features Error Message

Discus and support Family Features Error Message in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When trying to open Google Chrome, My daughter is getting an error message, "ask for permission - You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by breedoby, Nov 25, 2018.

1. breedoby Win User

Family Features Error Message

When trying to open Google Chrome, My daughter is getting an error message, "ask for permission - You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome". The thing is this is my daughter's computer/laptop, she's the only one with access to it, and she's 18. So why is she getting this error message? If checked her birthdate under her Microsoft account and its correct.

:)

breedoby, Nov 25, 2018

2. Family Features Being Weird

Hi Jack,

Failure to access some web pages when browsing may indicate a restriction set on your user settings. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Are you getting any error messages? Attach a screenshot on your next post.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, you can turn off the restrictions of the family features by following the steps provided on this

link
    . Once you're done, restart your device and check if the issue persists.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Microsoft Family Features

Hello Laura,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting issues with family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Family Features Error Message

Family Features

Hi Louden,

To assist you better with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the exact error message when trying to access these browsers?
    • Have you already tried the steps provided below?
    1. Go to your parent Microsoft Account.

2. Click on Family.

3. Under child's account, select "Allow Google app".

Looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Family Features Error Message

1. Family Features Error Message - Similar Threads - Family Features Error

2. Microsoft Family Features.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Features.: it's simple. all I want to know is how to uninstall Microsoft Family Features because it is blocking me from using Google Chrome. it shouldn't be connected to Google Chrome so I don't know what to do....
  3. Microsoft family features

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family features: I have built my own computer, made every step cautiously and followed everything that needed to be done. The problem that I have is that a Pop up titled Microsoft Family Features, consistently appears, despite me never having been in a family account in the first place. When...
  4. Family Features

Family Features: So I got a Xbox 1S for Christmas. We hooked it up and did all our accounts, then discovered something called Microsoft Family Features. We created a family, and later in the day I went on my pc to watch some YouTube. I have no restrictions on my PC, except a time limit. Then...
  5. Microsoft Family Features

Microsoft Family Features: I want to use Google Chrome as my Browser but get this message Ask for permission You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: Google Chrome I'm the Adult, the only user of this PC, and have been through the confirm your age bit with Microsoft, they...
  6. Family Features Microsot

Family Features Microsot: So on my windows 10 that I just factory restarted, I cant access chrome because of family features and I don't have any family restriction as or devices. Anyone know why this happens? know how to solve it. p.s. I don know any apps relating to family features.[ATTACH]...
  7. Microsoft Family Features

Microsoft Family Features: Whenever I try to access anything on my Desktop, it gives me the "ask permission" prompt and I'm no longer in a Microsoft Family, so I would assume it did not do that. I have no idea what to do......
  8. Microsoft Family features

Microsoft Family features: I created a child account and since then, when I'm logged in as administrator I cannot install any program at all. I received a microsoft family feature notification asking me to ask permission to an adult (I'm 43). I read online to delete the child account online, which I...
  9. Family Features

Family Features: Hello, my family uses Microsoft family features and whenever I download something I need my mothers password. I was wondering if there was a way she could enter her password from her phone as she does with time management. We are having some problems where I have to wait for...
  10. Microsoft Family Features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Features: When I try to open Google Chrome I get the following window. Not sure why I am getting this, I am to my knowledge the only user of the account and I am administrator. When I searched IE for answers I found that if I go to Control Panel, System and Security>Allow an app...