Windows 10: Family Features not working and notification to update Windows 10 device which no longer...

Discus and support Family Features not working and notification to update Windows 10 device which no longer... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently upgrade all my systems and 2 of the systems already donated. But Family asked to "Update your child's Windows 10 device [Donated Systems] to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Warren Lam - Live, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Family Features not working and notification to update Windows 10 device which no longer...

I recently upgrade all my systems and 2 of the systems already donated. But Family asked to "Update your child's Windows 10 device [Donated Systems] to get family features to work." which I won't able to do it anymore. I tried to remove child and add again but it didn't help.

Now the family feature is no longer working for my child and I don't want to create a new account because we have to change the email for other stuff too.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

:)

Warren Lam - Live, Nov 6, 2019

2. Family safety windows 10 no longer works

Hi Brian,

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Family Safety settings.

• Web filtering is not setup correctly.
    I suggest you to refer the article and check if Family Safety features are set correctly or not.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-up-family#set-up-family=windows-10

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further

Deepak_Krishnan R, Nov 6, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 6, 2019
  4. McHenry Win User

Family Features not working and notification to update Windows 10 device which no longer...

Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

I recently determined that my son's Windows 10 account profile (Windows 10 regular user account linked to his Family/Child Microsoft email account) had become corrupted, as several things were not working correctly under his Windows 10 login (Edge and IE
    were limited to 8MB of internet cache)

I removed the profile, and had him login again, and a new profile was created, resolving the Edge issues, however the Family Features are not active or working. His time limits are not enforced, and my Family settings online at https://account.microsoft.com/family/
    indicate that there is an issue with his account.

"Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly."

The resolution steps indicate that I should do the following:

"To fix this:

1. Have your child sign in with their Microsoft account on their device.
    2. Open Microsoft Edge and go to Microsoft - Official Home Page.
    3. Follow the instructions on screen to verify their account."

When I follow the steps and try to go to the URL, Windows 10 attempts to open the Microsoft Store app to look for an app to open MS_WPC

On the same computer, when I go to the same URL, it asks for my live credentials, then updates the Family Features settings.

It seems like windows is not fully linking to his Windows Live account. For his siblings, their accounts show up as their email address until they login, then it resolves to their full name. For the new profile for him, this does not happen. I have removed
    the profile a few times and tried starting over again, but it yields the same result. Any ideas or suggestions?

Perhaps has the default profile become corrupted?

EDIT: He has received notification that his time is up, but when he requests more time, there is an error that indicates there may be an issue with the Internet connection (which there is not).

McHenry, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Family Features not working and notification to update Windows 10 device which no longer...

1. Family Features not working and notification to update Windows 10 device which no longer... - Similar Threads - Family Features working

2. Family Safety app no longer working with child's device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety app no longer working with child's device: My child's laptop was originally linked to family safety app and working fine. An issue occurred where she requested more time but it would not accept the request and it was stuck on the'ask for more time' screen. As my parent account was on standard and hers on...
  3. Family Safety app no longer working with child's device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety app no longer working with child's device: My child's laptop was originally linked to family safety app and working fine. An issue occurred where she requested more time but it would not accept the request and it was stuck on the'ask for more time' screen. As my parent account was on standard and hers on...
  4. Device limit is not working as intended on family safety feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device limit is not working as intended on family safety feature: Hi, I am trying to set a time limit on my child’s computer using the family safety app. I set this to two hours across all devices, the time limit has been reached, and on the app is says the “Time limit reached today” however my child is still able to use his computer. I am...
  5. Device limit is not working as intended on family safety feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device limit is not working as intended on family safety feature: Hi, I am trying to set a time limit on my child’s computer using the family safety app. I set this to two hours across all devices, the time limit has been reached, and on the app is says the “Time limit reached today” however my child is still able to use his computer. I am...
  6. Microsoft family features notification

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family features notification: I keep getting a bunch of notifications for microsoft family features and needing to "Sign in so you don't miss out". I've attached the full notification below. [ATTACH] Not sure why I'm getting these; I don't remember ever signing up for anything related to microsoft...
  7. Family Feature Notifications?

Family Feature Notifications?: I got a new Windows 10 laptop, and my dad set up a Family Features thing, and just today I've been getting a Family Features notification saying I need to sign in. Whenever I press the 'sign in' button, it has me put in the pin to my laptop. But once I put the pin in, the...
  8. Update your child's Windows 10 device to get family features to work *not working*!

Update your child's Windows 10 device to get family features to work *not working*!: I recently setup a new laptop for my child for school. After adding his account to the laptop, the new device appeared in Microsoft Family, but with the message of "Update your child's Windows 10 device [DEVICE-NAME] to get family features to work." I ran through all Windows...
  9. auto updating feature no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    auto updating feature no longer works: Good morning, I just updated to Win10 Version 1809 a few days ago and everything seems to be working. However, about 4 - 6 weeks ago I discovered I no longer could select the option of having Windows automatically update my computer. When I would click on this option it...
  10. Windows 10 snap feature no longer works

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 snap feature no longer works: This is weird because the snap and drag feature has worked perfectly until a couple of days ago. First of all, it is turned on. And it did work before. But it's easier to show instead of tell. So, here's a short Jing video: Windows will not snap together I'd love some help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update your family members windows 10 device kyler to get family features to work.tell me how to fix this