Windows 10: Family Features - Sign in so you don't miss out keeps popping up

Discus and support Family Features - Sign in so you don't miss out keeps popping up in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have an account for my son set-up and recently the family features pop-up started showing (I believe it was after a recent Windows update ran).... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mark2024, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Mark2024 Win User

Family Features - Sign in so you don't miss out keeps popping up

I have an account for my son set-up and recently the family features pop-up started showing (I believe it was after a recent Windows update ran). Despite clicking sign-in and entering the log-in information, the pop-up immediately comes back. If I cancel the dialog it comes back at some random interval from a few minutes to maybe half an hour later.

I have tried removing my son from the family, got all the notifications at both ends, yet the pop-ups continued. Then I re-added him, and that didn't fix it either. I can successfully log him in via the web-browser to his Microsoft account, so it's not that we are providing an invalid login.

How do I make this stop? As it stands now the constant interruption of the dialog makes the computer practically unusable, under my sons account. The concept of family management is a great and welcomed feature, but if it is this broken it is entirely useless.

:)

Mark2024, Sep 30, 2019

2. Family Features Sign In - WHAT IS THIS SH*T

I have NEVER signed up for family features, I am not a child, yet i am getting constant sign in prompts for this sh*t all of a sudden today?

Why am I suddenly receiving them today and why am I getting this without my permission when I do not want the feature?

WebSpectrum, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Family Features - Sign in so you don't miss out keeps popping up

Hi guys,

I recently took my laptop to work so my son could use it and I downloaded the Xbox app and logged him in. Since then I had some issues with the internet opening chrome but I fixed that with logging in as myself but now I keep getting a message popup saying:

Microsoft Family Features

Sign in so you don't miss out

You need to sign back in to your Microsoft account so you can send your parent requests when you want more screen time or need permission for certain apps and sites.

I click the X to close it but then it comes back again, I cant get rid of it.

I know I can remove my son on the family account but I assume that means I wont get notifications of what he is doing or asking for etc? How can I stop this popup? I even left it minimized on the screen but then it pops back up 30 seconds later!

Thanks,

Nick

NickClarke1980, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft Family Features

Hello Laura,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting issues with family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Family Features - Sign in so you don't miss out keeps popping up - Similar Threads - Family Features Sign

2. How to remove or stop the "Sign in so you don't miss out" Microsoft family features Pop up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove or stop the "Sign in so you don't miss out" Microsoft family features Pop up...: I have been having this issue a few weeks or a month ago. and it keeps popping out of my screen and disturbs what I'm doing, its very annoying for it to pop out and I need help how to remove or stop the "Sign in so you don't miss out" Microsoft family features Pop up while...
  3. How to remove or stop the "Sign in so you don't miss out" Microsoft family features Pop up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove or stop the "Sign in so you don't miss out" Microsoft family features Pop up...: I have been having this issue a few weeks or a month ago. and it keeps popping out of my screen and disturbs what I'm doing, its very annoying for it to pop out and I need help how to remove or stop the "Sign in so you don't miss out" Microsoft family features Pop up while...
  4. Issue with Microsoft family features "sign in so you dont miss out popup"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Microsoft family features "sign in so you dont miss out popup": Hello. I am running windows 11 pro and i have been facing an issue ever since I've left my family group. So i was in a family group, and i one day left it. Once i left it, i cannot open some apps including some system apps and i face the popup saying to "sign in so i dont...
  5. Issue with Microsoft family features "sign in so you dont miss out popup"

Issue with Microsoft family features "sign in so you dont miss out popup": Hello. I am running windows 11 pro and i have been facing an issue ever since I've left my family group. So i was in a family group, and i one day left it. Once i left it, i cannot open some apps including some system apps and i face the popup saying to "sign in so i dont...
  6. sign in so you don't miss out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in so you don't miss out: I can't get this box to go away. I am signed into my account . When I click on the box it asked me to enter my pin. when I do it replies "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one....
  7. sign in so you don't miss out

sign in so you don't miss out: I can't get this box to go away. I am signed into my account . When I click on the box it asked me to enter my pin. when I do it replies "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one....
  8. sign in so you don't miss out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Microsoft Family Features - Continuous Pop-Up "Sign in so you don't miss out"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Family Features - Continuous Pop-Up "Sign in so you don't miss out": I'm a middle aged Dad with NO child Microsoft accounts, yet I started getting continual pop-ups from Microsoft Family Features asking me to sign in "So you don't miss out." It's frustratingly annoying. I'm part of no "family" group on my Microsoft account, yet, the pop-up...
  10. "Sign in so you don't miss out" constant pop up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Sign in so you don't miss out" constant pop up: Every 5 minutes or so I get the same pop up from Microsoft Family Features. This started only today after no changes to any settings. I found out through it that I was connected to a family account so I removed myself from the family and signed out. Even after removing myself...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in so you dont miss out constantly

2. sign in so you dont miss out how to remove

3. sign in so you dont miss out

4. sign in so you dont miss out pop up,
  5. windows account sign in so you dont mis out keep ,
  6. sign in so you dont miss out wont go away,
  7. family members sign in so you dont miss out,
  8. sign in so you dont miss out wont stop