Windows 10: Family Features

Discus and support Family Features in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have Chrome but I need parents permission to open it even though I'm already an adult. I don't have any family members added so how can I ask for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CassandraFigueroa, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Family Features

I have Chrome but I need parents permission to open it even though I'm already an adult. I don't have any family members added so how can I ask for parent's permission??

:)

CassandraFigueroa, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Microsoft Family Features

Hello Laura,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting issues with family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Family Features Blocking Chrome on Adult Account

Hello,

Best that we could suggest here as an easy fix is to have the Family feature administrator remove your account from the list. Feel free to check out
    this link from our support website for steps on how to do so.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Family Features

Remove Family Features

Hello
    ChumpRB,

We'd like to know if you account is tagged as an adult? To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Family Features

1. Family Features - Similar Threads - Family Features

2. Microsoft Family Features gives me a time lock in my browser. Can someone please help me?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Features gives me a time lock in my browser. Can someone please help me?: [ATTACH] Good morning, everyone! When I wanted to work on my PC this morning (because of e-learning) a message came up that I can't open my internet browser (Opera GX). When I asked my father about this, he said that he didn't know anything about it either. After...
  3. Remove Family Safety Features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Family Safety Features: I want to completely remove the family safety features on my daughter's account. They consistently work incorrectly and right now she is locked out of her computer entirely despite me repeatedly approving more time for her. How do I remove the family safety features...
  4. Family Safety - "always allowed" feature not working

Family Safety - "always allowed" feature not working: My child needs access to Google classrooms for school work. However, I want him to only have access to specific websites rather than him have full internet access. When I add specific websites to "always allowed" following a child sending a permission to me as a parent, it...
  5. Family features blocking Chrome

Family features blocking Chrome: every time I try to run Chrome, W10 throws an error saying I need permission from a parent. I am not currently part of a family group so this makes no sense. How do I fix this? I have also already setup a separate local account but that is not a valid solution. I need my...
  6. Microsoft Family Features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Family Features: I recently got GTA5 for free from epic game launcher and I really want to play it with my friends. The problem is that it is very unlikely for my father to approve of a game with this maturity rating. I realize he can see how much time I spend on certain apps/games everyday...
  7. Microsoft Family Features flaw

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Features flaw: Microsoft Family Features do not allow me to open any web browser except Microsoft Edge, which in my opinion, is an unfair means to promote Microsoft's services. Microsoft needs to understand that some websites do not work properly on Edge, such as my institute's website for...
  8. Family Features broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Features broken: Hi, When I launch ark: Survival Evolved, it brings up the regular menu it always brings me to if I want to ask permission for an app/game. This time, it says Something went wrong, and it gave me a Trace ID u92ENhznfkO6gJ7B.13.1[ATTACH]...
  9. Microsoft Family Features Pop Up

Microsoft Family Features Pop Up: Every 20 seconds or so I get a pop up from Microsoft Family Features asking to "Sign in so you don't miss out". It asks me to input my PIN. Every time I try to put in a PIN it says "Something went wrong try again later". I don't know my PIN so i go in to settings to try and...
  10. Microsoft Family Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Family Feature: Microsoft Family Features is disabled however it is saying that chrome is restricted by Microsoft Family Features. I've turned it on and off but it doesn't work. I can only use chrome if I add 3 hours to my usage time....