Windows 10: Family & friends not showing user account

Discus and support Family & friends not showing user account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; For some unknown reason, family and friends are not showing under user account [img] Although the image says "administrator" it's actually my email... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Take a guess, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Family & friends not showing user account

For some unknown reason, family and friends are not showing under user account

Family & friends not showing user account [​IMG]

Although the image says "administrator" it's actually my email address that's showing

:)

Take a guess, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Micah Bat Win User

Child's account history not showing up in Microsoft Family Safety

Just to confirm, have you tried using a different browser and check if the issue persists? Since doing the steps provided on the link didn't help you resolve your concern, we would suggest you to recreate your son's account on the Alienware computer. To
    do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other
      users
    • Click Sign in with
      a local account instead
      (to convert her account to a local account).
    • After doing so, delete the local account. To delete a local account, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Go to Settings.
      • Click Accounts.
      • Click Family and other
        users
      • Click the local account and then, click Remove.
      • A new window will open, click Delete account and data.
    • After deleting the local account, re-link the Microsoft account of your son as a user, then add it to your family.

For more information on how to add a child account to your family, kindly click
    this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Family & friends not showing user account

Family members user accounts

For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating a test user account and the photos app works fine if a new account gets created. So I was thinking of deleting both their MS user accounts on my PC and creating them again.

But do I need to remove them as family members also via my outlook website login family tab before I recreate their user accounts again, they are both listed as family members on there and are associated with the PC name. Or can I just delete their user accounts and re-add them as family members on my PC without these shenanigans. It would save time as when you create a family member normally you have to then get them to login to their email and accept etc.

thanks, wayne

Scottyboy99, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Family & friends not showing user account

1. Family & friends not showing user account - Similar Threads - Family friends showing

2. User account not showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User account not showing: So i went to a trip i left my computer off 12 hours later i got home and see the computer is in another user i used what this thread said but it doesnt just show up...
  3. User accounts not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User accounts not showing: HiI was working with my computer and I recently installed a program called "Paragon disk manager" for backup. Then I discovered it has a option called "MFT defragment". So I just clicked it and after a restart, when I was about to login into my desktop, there was no password...
  4. User accounts not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User accounts not showing: HiI was working with my computer and I recently installed a program called "Paragon disk manager" for backup. Then I discovered it has a option called "MFT defragment". So I just clicked it and after a restart, when I was about to login into my desktop, there was no password...
  5. User accounts not showing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Family and Friends Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family and Friends Account: I am having problems with my Family and Friends Account, someone keeps adding themselves without my knowledge or permission. This is happening nearly every day now? why is there not an ability for me to be able block them? Please advise my best action....
  7. Add local user account to family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add local user account to family account: I want to add my son’s local account to Family account. He has already created his Microsoft account on his computer and I want to add it to the Family. I changed my administrative account to the adult account but cannot change his account because I receive a message that...
  8. Convert Local User Account to Family Account

Convert Local User Account to Family Account: My son has a local account on his Windows 10 Pro computer with all sorts of customizations that he likes in place. I need to convert that account to a CHILD family account. I was able to change my administrative account to my ADULT family account but when I try to do the...
  9. User account and family issues

User account and family issues: This is happening loads on my new laptop. Family settings down and Cortana summary screen just spinning. Is this an MS side issue as the machine is doing this more often than not. Sometimes everything is fine but I just don't understand it really. Yesterday evening everything...
  10. Family members user accounts

Family members user accounts: For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. family and friends option not showing in account settings