Windows 10: Family group account

Discus and support Family group account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I added an account on my computer for my roommate and inadvertently added her as a child. How do I change it to an adult account or delete it so I can... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RandyCarlile, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Family group account

I added an account on my computer for my roommate and inadvertently added her as a child. How do I change it to an adult account or delete it so I can correct it?

:)

RandyCarlile, Apr 19, 2020
  2. DavidLaye Win User

Accounts and Family Groups

I want to remove my account from my family group. It is the ONLY account listed and I do not want this account showing up on my Windows login screen

DavidLaye, Apr 19, 2020
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Last member (Adult) unable to leave Family group

Why not set up an admin account with documented password, add it to the family group? Then you can take your account out, and still have (or leave) an admin/family group access account available. Just a thought/suggestion...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Family group account

Last member (Adult) unable to leave Family group

Not a bad idea, I had not thought of that!

Thema:

Family group account

1. Family group account - Similar Threads - Family group account

2. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  3. Unable to Add child account to Family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add child account to Family group.: I contacted chat support under case number 7031667301. The chat window closed before I could copy any details.My 13 year old son has a Windows PC running Windows version 11. I am unable to add him to my family group so that I can use windows parental control features to...
  4. Cant remove an account from a family group.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant remove an account from a family group.: I mistakenly created a microsoft account yesteday and linked this microsoft acount to that newly family created account and i faced many problems conneced to microsoft permissions but i somehow managed to remove them. Now i would like to delete this acc that where im writing...
  5. Cant remove an account from a family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant remove an account from a family group.: I mistakenly created a microsoft account yesteday and linked this microsoft acount to that newly family created account and i faced many problems conneced to microsoft permissions but i somehow managed to remove them. Now i would like to delete this acc that where im writing...
  6. Cant remove an account from a family group.

7. Leaving Family Group

Leaving Family Group: hello, i have been trying to play a game but it says im in a family group. i went to check the family group app and it shows that im an organizer and that im the only one in the family, and so i tried to leave but there was no option for me to leave even though ive looked at...
  8. Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?

Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?: If a member of the family who is over 13 leaves the group, will the parents be notified? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-leaving-a-family-group-in-microsoft-family/6522fe46-a9a1-4a37-a2ec-072fc96994fc
  9. Family Group

Family Group: I have set up a Family Group. I am granting access to an app, but when my child attempts to access the app. The "Ask permission" window pops up again. We are in a loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-group/0e02f8a8-3559-4b67-a6d4-64f5e811135e
  10. Accounts and Family Groups

Accounts and Family Groups: I want to remove my account from my family group. It is the ONLY account listed and I do not want this account showing up on my Windows login screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accounts-and-family-groups/125af3ab-f2c3-45c8-8e66-c3ea6b1c3345"