Windows 10: Family Group Issue on Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Family Group Issue on Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm having this issue where random sites are blocked for me on Microsoft edge by the Microsoft family services content filtering function.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/elijahpainting, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Family Group Issue on Microsoft Edge

Hey guys, I'm having this issue where random sites are blocked for me on Microsoft edge by the Microsoft family services content filtering function. The weird part is that the account I've used to log into my laptop/edge isn't in a family group at all. I've tried creating a group and making myself the admin, restarting the group, as well as adding a payment method to try and promote my account's status but the blocking persists. When I click on the prompt to ask an adult for permission to access the page, I get an error message. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/elijahpainting
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/elijahpainting, Feb 24, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Family Group Issue on Microsoft Edge

Microsoft family problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• When you say ‘I re-connect the account’, did you re-add the account to the Family group on the website or add the user account on the PC?
    • Did you check the system time to see if it has been set correctly?

This issue can occur if some of the settings are not working as expected.

Let us try these methods to check if that helps.

A: Suggest you to
    remove the child account from the Family group account. To remove a member from your family group, you must have an adult account.

I would also like to inform you that if you have added the account as a child again (if not, add the account as child), try to set up screen time and then turn it off.

B: Once it is done, you can
    add the child account to the Family group. After adding the account, have your child sign in to the PC. Refer to the steps under the section ‘Add
    an existing child account on your PC to your family group’.

Article for Reference.

Setup and manage your Family

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Family Group Issue on Microsoft Edge

1. Family Group Issue on Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Family Group Issue

2. Microsoft Family Group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Group: I am a fifteen year old boy which has made a family group. I am the owner of the family group, but I want to leave it. This is mainly because there is an issue which prevents me from playing any multiplayer games at all. I would like some assistance or any help possible. I do...
  3. Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Group: I am a fifteen year old boy which has made a family group. I am the owner of the family group, but I want to leave it. This is mainly because there is an issue which prevents me from playing any multiplayer games at all. I would like some assistance or any help possible. I do...
  4. Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Family Group Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Group Issues: Hi,I am having issues with a laptop I use for my business employees to use. When I got it I set it up as a child in a family group. However, it has suddenly started blocking a website we use everyday and is essential to the day to day running of the business. When we try to...
  6. Family Group Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Group Issues: Hi,I am having issues with a laptop I use for my business employees to use. When I got it I set it up as a child in a family group. However, it has suddenly started blocking a website we use everyday and is essential to the day to day running of the business. When we try to...
  7. Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?

Will leaving a family group in Microsoft Family alert the parents of the group?: If a member of the family who is over 13 leaves the group, will the parents be notified? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-leaving-a-family-group-in-microsoft-family/6522fe46-a9a1-4a37-a2ec-072fc96994fc
  8. Issues With Creating a Family Group

Issues With Creating a Family Group: So I've been having issues creating a family group and every time I try to invite someone it keeps on popping up a message saying "it's not you, it's us." This started happening just after I deleted the family group I've already had. I've even tried inviting myself to a...
  9. Numerous issues with devices and accounts in a Microsoft Family Group

Numerous issues with devices and accounts in a Microsoft Family Group: Hi, I'm experiencing quite a number of issues with my MicrosoftAccount, the associated dashboard, and the weekly reports I get about mychild's activity. 1. one computer showed up twice on the dashboard, after removing it using my account, it's no longer showing up at all...
  10. Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Group: I’ve just bought ForzaHorizon on my PC for my son who has run out of things to play with! We are both in the Microsoft Family I set up ages ago. If I log on to the pc as me, I can see the game, but if he logs in, we can’t see the game. I don’t want to pay for it twice. How...