Windows 10: Family Group membership removed by Son

Discus and support Family Group membership removed by Son in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; UPDATED from Security & Privacy: After 5 hours on line with MS Support I'm none the wiser. For some reason two of the 'advisers' lost connection when... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SteveMarsh4, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Family Group membership removed by Son

UPDATED from Security & Privacy: After 5 hours on line with MS Support I'm none the wiser. For some reason two of the 'advisers' lost connection when they couldn't resolve the issue. Funny that!

Here is the exact problem:

From the task bar the child Family Group member can access Windows Security then Family Options then View Family Settings and click on 'Leave family group' and it's game over as far as the parent is concerned. They can also enter 'Manage permissions' and turn off letting the account organisers in the family from seeing their devices, their activity and their location, which is academic if they can simply leave the group. The family user can access the same 'backdoor' by logging into their Microsoft account and following the same steps. Try it yourself when your minor is next logged in. It does not take a genius to find this. Total rubbish.

Standard Users or child account users should not have access to Windows Security features other than virus scanning. Security permissions should only be accessible by the administrator otherwise what is the point!?

If anyone has a solution please let me know.

:)

SteveMarsh4, Apr 20, 2020
  2. CTib Win User

Child can remove himself from our Family Group

How can I prevent my son from removing himself from the Family Group? I've read the threads on this topic but can't find any that say how to block it. He doesn't have the password. He is listed as a "child". Yet he can still go into this and just click
    "Remove from Family Group". What do I do to prevent this?

3. Lost Administrators Group Membership

My wife's normally signs in to her computer using her Microsoft account. So as a user on the system she shows up as "C900," which is the model number of the computer.

Her account had Administrators Group membership, but I accidentally removed it.

I'm attempting to restore this membership without much luck.

I have activated the Administrator account but I cannot log in under this account. I can access the command line as Administrator, but Administrator seems to have limited authority there.

Using the command,

"net user"

does not show my wife's account.

Creating an account with Administrators Group membership using,

"net localgroup Administrators NEWUSER /add

seems to create a user temporarily but upon a reboot the user disappears.

I am stumped.

Is there a way to regain Administrators Group membership for this account?

TomSparks2, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Family Group membership removed by Son

How do I remove my son from his friend's Microsoft Family?

Hi Brett,

Follow the steps below on how you can remove the child account from the Family:

• Using the child account, sign in at https://account.microsoft.com/family.
    • Click on Remove yourself under the child account.
    • Click Remove to confirm.
    • You will get an email confirmation that you have been removed from the family.
    Click on this link for steps on how to add the child account to your family.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Family Group membership removed by Son

1. Family Group membership removed by Son - Similar Threads - Family Group membership

2. Can't add my son to my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add my son to my family group: Hello,A while back I had setup an outlook account for my 8 year son that has Xbox connected to it. However, now I'd like to add him to my family group for screen time, etc but keep getting the notice that he's part of another group. I then logged into his account via...
  3. My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe: My son is in a wrong Family Groupe. We don´t know the Family Administrator of this wrong Groupe and he does not answer an my request do "release" my son out of his family.How can I get him out of this family groupe? I have read all faqs an chatted already with the 365 Office...
  4. My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe: My son is in a wrong Family Groupe. We don´t know the Family Administrator of this wrong Groupe and he does not answer an my request do "release" my son out of his family.How can I get him out of this family groupe? I have read all faqs an chatted already with the 365 Office...
  5. My Son is in a wrong Family Groupe

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  6. Problem adding my son to my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem adding my son to my family group: Hi,I want to set up my son on Minecraft and am facing a problem with adding him to my family group in order to manage permissions. I have sent an invitation to his Outlook account to join my family group. When he tries joining the family group using the link in the...
  7. Problem adding my son to my family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem adding my son to my family group: Hi,I want to set up my son on Minecraft and am facing a problem with adding him to my family group in order to manage permissions. I have sent an invitation to his Outlook account to join my family group. When he tries joining the family group using the link in the...
  8. VPN - Group Membership

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN - Group Membership: When the user is on Cisco VPN or any third party VPN on a Windows 10 device the user group membership does not enumerate properly. For example, we have a group called Windows10RemMedia that we add users that needed USB access. When on the VPN, if the user is being added to...
  9. Lost Administrators Group Membership

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Administrators Group Membership: My wife's normally signs in to her computer using her Microsoft account. So as a user on the system she shows up as "C900," which is the model number of the computer. Her account had Administrators Group membership, but I accidentally removed it. I'm attempting to...
  10. User Group Membership

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Group Membership: Hello, I have put a group policy in place to remove local admin rights for all our users (currently a test group) and on member is in the IT department. I have removed his account from the Domain Admin group but the policy isn't applying correctly, his account can still...