Windows 10: Family Group setup for child

Discus and support Family Group setup for child in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I am looking to setup a child account however, it is asking for an email. My child does not have an email account and when I select the option... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by nbma, Mar 9, 2020.

1. nbma Win User

Family Group setup for child

Hello,

I am looking to setup a child account however, it is asking for an email. My child does not have an email account and when I select the option to use my email instead, it does not let me proceed. It says that there is already an account assigned per my email. There does not appear to be a way to establish a child account for a child without an email account. Please help if anyone knows how to accomplish this.

:)

nbma, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is the Child account a Microsoft account?

The issue might be due to the age verification, hence I suggest you to verify the child’s age by logging in with child’s account on
    account.microsoft.com/family and verify the age.

I also suggest you to refer the article
    Add members to your family group to get more information on adding members to your family account.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Family Safety - add device to child profile

Since this is the case and you have ensured the settings are correctly setup in family Safety, we suggest that you sign in using your main account and remove you child's account from Family Safety list. (Refer to the image below for reference.)

Family Group setup for child 7618e897-2574-4517-80ca-0ef18325dda6.png

After completing the steps, attempt to use the email address of your child to login to the computer and see if the same error message still shows up. If the error no longer shows up, we suggest that you attempt to add the account back then to Family safety.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Family Group setup for child

Microsoft family problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• When you say ‘I re-connect the account’, did you re-add the account to the Family group on the website or add the user account on the PC?
    • Did you check the system time to see if it has been set correctly?

This issue can occur if some of the settings are not working as expected.

Let us try these methods to check if that helps.

A: Suggest you to
    remove the child account from the Family group account. To remove a member from your family group, you must have an adult account.

I would also like to inform you that if you have added the account as a child again (if not, add the account as child), try to set up screen time and then turn it off.

B: Once it is done, you can
    add the child account to the Family group. After adding the account, have your child sign in to the PC. Refer to the steps under the section ‘Add
    an existing child account on your PC to your family group’.

Article for Reference.

Setup and manage your Family

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Family Group setup for child

1. Family Group setup for child - Similar Threads - Family Group setup

2. child removed from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  3. child removed from family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  4. child removed from family group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group: I am an 'Organiser' of my family group. My son 12 year old account managed to leave the family group to get around Xbox and laptop time/content restrictions by creating a new family group and joining that I did not receive any request for him to leave. He set up an organiser...
  6. Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group: I am an 'Organiser' of my family group. My son 12 year old account managed to leave the family group to get around Xbox and laptop time/content restrictions by creating a new family group and joining that I did not receive any request for him to leave. He set up an organiser...
  7. Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group

8. A child leaves family group himself

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A child leaves family group himself: HiI'm trying to setup family safety to protect a child from an adult content and limit time spent with PC. I've created family group and invited child's account to the family. Then applied permissions.Child left the family group and disabled parental control. How to prevent...
  9. A child leaves family group himself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A child leaves family group himself: HiI'm trying to setup family safety to protect a child from an adult content and limit time spent with PC. I've created family group and invited child's account to the family. Then applied permissions.Child left the family group and disabled parental control. How to prevent...
  10. A child leaves family group himself