Windows 10: Family Groups - 'Request more screen time' issue

Discus and support Family Groups - 'Request more screen time' issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I need help.... I have set up my daughter with screen time request which work fine however now I have added another adult to the family 'group' they... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mark_ConfusedFather, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Family Groups - 'Request more screen time' issue

I need help.... I have set up my daughter with screen time request which work fine however now I have added another adult to the family 'group' they get the requests as well. I understand the principle of this but I don't want them to receive the same requests how do I stop them receiving the requests but still have screen time in place? Help... I have trawled the internet and forums. But this does not appear to be a known 'issue'

Moved from: Office / My account, billing and sign-in / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

:)

Mark_ConfusedFather, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Microsoft Family additional Screen Time requests not being sent

Support Engineers:

Please read my issue and the steps I have already taken very carefully -

My Issue:

• I have screen time management setup for my children.
    • When they surpass their allocated time, they are presented with the option to request additional time (as expected).
    • PREVIOUSLY, I would receive an email asking for my approval to grant them additional time. I would approve and they would be able to use their accounts (as expected).
    • CURRENTLY, I no longer receive the email once they click on the request for more time. They are unable to log into their accounts which is impacting their ability to complete homework assignments.

Steps I have already tried that did not work:

• Rebooted
    • Tried to submit the request from multiple PCs
    • Deleted all files under the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls folder
    • Tried running the Family Safety Time Limits tool (doesn't work on Windows 10)
    • Applied all known Windows Updates

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for your time

John Timotheou, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Family Groups - 'Request more screen time' issue

Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Family Groups - 'Request more screen time' issue

1. Family Groups - 'Request more screen time' issue - Similar Threads - Family Groups 'Request

2. [Family Safety] Is it possible to disable email notifications for "more time" requests?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Family Safety] Is it possible to disable email notifications for "more time" requests?: I already got those notifications on my Android device, but even then, when I get to my inbox there are emails on the same thing.There is no link at the footer to "unsubscribe" or configure notifications, nor in the app. I guess I'll be stuck creating a filter to send those...
  3. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...
  4. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...
  5. Family Group Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Group Issues: Hi,I am having issues with a laptop I use for my business employees to use. When I got it I set it up as a child in a family group. However, it has suddenly started blocking a website we use everyday and is essential to the day to day running of the business. When we try to...
  6. Family Group Issues

Family Group Issues: Hi,I am having issues with a laptop I use for my business employees to use. When I got it I set it up as a child in a family group. However, it has suddenly started blocking a website we use everyday and is essential to the day to day running of the business. When we try to...
  7. Time Restrictions Family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time Restrictions Family group: I left the family group on my Microsoft account for I am no longer a child and removed myself from my old group my mom put me in when I was younger. Now it did remove the time restrictions but not for very long because as soon as I turned off my pc and turned it back on to...
  8. Microsoft Family More Screen Time Requests Showing Wrong TIme

Microsoft Family More Screen Time Requests Showing Wrong TIme: When receiving the more screen time requests emails, I noticed that the emails were showing a time/date AFTER the time/date of the email. For example the email body would read "[child] asked on July 12 at 5:00 AM.", but the email was received the evening of July 11th local...
  9. Unable to send request for more screen time

Unable to send request for more screen time: Hi. I noticed my child is unable to request for more screen time when the VPN is connected. It works perfectly when the VPN is off. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-send-request-for-more-screen-time/6260bf14-815b-487d-9afb-1b7eb37408e9"
  10. Time allotments for child request more screen time

Time allotments for child request more screen time: Is there a way to customize the time allotments when a child is requesting more screen time? I don't understand the logic behind the offering: 15 minutes ( what is the purpose of 15 minutes?) 30 minutes 1 hour 2 hours Can't we get more than 2 but less than 8 ? This...