Windows 10: family link account problems

Discus and support family link account problems in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Need to remove myself as a family organizer from a family account and it won't allow my husband to do so. I need to sign into my sisters account and it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jami thomas, Jan 22, 2023.

1. family link account problems

Need to remove myself as a family organizer from a family account and it won't allow my husband to do so. I need to sign into my sisters account and it wont allow me to.

:)

jami thomas, Jan 22, 2023

2. Child account without link to family account

My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we end up in a loop "you cannot invite this person as they are already in another family". When following the steps suggested there, you can't unlink her from that family as she does not have a family connection. Also, when she tries to change anything it says "you cannot make these changes due to age restrictions".

In other words, her account has been orphaned without the option to add her to a family account. Please tell me how to "adopt" her account again. I have not been able to find any solutions for this problem.

EllenKamman, Jan 22, 2023
  3. Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Jan 22, 2023
  4. family link account problems

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jan 22, 2023
Thema:

family link account problems

1. family link account problems - Similar Threads - family link account

2. How to recover family link account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover family link account: I stop supervision from my child, stop parental control and deleted my account to family link as family manager. But my childs phone can't deactivate family link and parental control in security which unable him to add another gmail account and cant uninstall the parental...
  3. How to recover family link account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover family link account: I stop supervision from my child, stop parental control and deleted my account to family link as family manager. But my childs phone can't deactivate family link and parental control in security which unable him to add another gmail account and cant uninstall the parental...
  4. family link account problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family link account problems: Need to remove myself as a family organizer from a family account and it won't allow my husband to do so. I need to sign into my sisters account and it wont allow me to....
  5. family link account problems

family link account problems: Need to remove myself as a family organizer from a family account and it won't allow my husband to do so. I need to sign into my sisters account and it wont allow me to....
  6. Child account without link to family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account without link to family account: My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we...
  7. Child account without link to family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account without link to family account: My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we...
  8. Child account without link to family account

9. Family Link - "Unlock this PC" Problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Family Link - "Unlock this PC" Problem: I originally setup my son's laptop under his email as an administrator his devices are controlled under our Microsoft Family settings.I was receiving warning that this wouldn't work properly with him set to an administrator, so I thought I'd login as him, make myself as an...
  10. Family linked user account - Standard

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family linked user account - Standard: I 'blocked' my sons' account temporarily. Attempting to bring it back, through Family settings, it shows as 'can sign in', allowed, however, his login option does not appear when trying to switch users. I have rebooted the system as well. I found a suggestion for an mmc...