Windows 10: Family Link - "Unlock this PC" Problem

Discus and support Family Link - "Unlock this PC" Problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I originally setup my son's laptop under his email as an administrator his devices are controlled under our Microsoft Family settings.I was receiving... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mr Spot, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Mr Spot Win User

Family Link - "Unlock this PC" Problem

I originally setup my son's laptop under his email as an administrator his devices are controlled under our Microsoft Family settings.I was receiving warning that this wouldn't work properly with him set to an administrator, so I thought I'd login as him, make myself as an administrator, login as me and change his account to standard.I noticed in doing so I had to "Allow" Access in Settings->Family & Other Users, which now reads as "Can sign in"I then Signed Out and selected my name to login. The machine says "Welcome" momentarily before eventually reverting to a "Unlock this PC" log

:)

Mr Spot, Sep 14, 2021
  2. Ruz San Win User

MicroSoft Family Link

Hi Jim,

You can make changes to your daughter's email account to remove the linked account. Follow the steps below:

• Have your daughter sign in to her account on this
      page.
    • You will see the connected accounts in the family.
    • Under your daughter's account, click on Remove yourself.
    • Confirm the removal by clicking on Remove.

Read more about setting up Family Safety on this
    page

Let us know if the steps allow you to correct the setup.

Regards.

Ruz San, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Problem with microsoft family accout

Hi Pirooz,

This can be caused by sync issue with your computer and the Family Safety website. To troubleshoot this, please try to re-configure your child account by following these steps:

1. Remove the child via Family Safety website.

a. Sign in to
    https://familysafety.microsoft.com
    using the parent account.

b. Click on Manage the list of Family members.

c. Check the child account, then click Delete. Click again on
    Delete to confirm.

2. Follow the steps in this article to reconfigure Family Safety:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/family-account#1TC=t1

3. Ensure that you have selected the Manage settings in Family Safety website
    option on the Family Safety window on your Control panel.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to delete all contents under
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

To know more, you may refer to the link below:

Problems with Family Safety time limits and
    PC activity reporting in Windows 8

Problems with Family Safety time limits and PC activity reporting in Windows 8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope the information helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Family Link - "Unlock this PC" Problem

Microsoft Family

Hi,

It could be because of the settings on the Family and Safety feature or the account you're using is added to a Family. With that being said, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is a part of the
    Family list. To check on it, go to Cortana
    and search for Family Options.

To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Family Link - "Unlock this PC" Problem

1. Family Link - "Unlock this PC" Problem - Similar Threads - Family Link Unlock

2. Linking iPhone and PC Problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking iPhone and PC Problem.: I am the Windows Insider and running Dev Build. But I can't link my iPhone to my PC. It was said that feature of linking an iPhone is available to Windows Insider. I have also updated the app to it's latest version....
  3. Linking iPhone and PC Problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking iPhone and PC Problem.: I am the Windows Insider and running Dev Build. But I can't link my iPhone to my PC. It was said that feature of linking an iPhone is available to Windows Insider. I have also updated the app to it's latest version....
  4. Family link

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family link: there is problem with adding second parent for reason that parents are not in the same country https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-link/561ca723-d3f6-46a2-895d-4f8777d17538
  5. family link account problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family link account problems: Need to remove myself as a family organizer from a family account and it won't allow my husband to do so. I need to sign into my sisters account and it wont allow me to....
  6. family link account problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family link account problems: Need to remove myself as a family organizer from a family account and it won't allow my husband to do so. I need to sign into my sisters account and it wont allow me to....
  7. family link account problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Achievements not unlocking?/ link unlocked achievements from another device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Achievements not unlocking?/ link unlocked achievements from another device: So I'm playing Minecraft Windows 10 and for months at this point, I haven't been unlocking any achievements even though clearly doing the requirements for them, I did unlock certain achievements on the Minecraft Pocket Edition on the same account, but when I go to the...
  9. Problems in linking PC and laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems in linking PC and laptop: I have a PC & Laptop both running the latest version of windows 10 - when I try to link the laptop with the PC I get error message 0x80070035 DAH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-in-linking-pc-and-laptop/2e1822b4-4ca2-43f0-9985-5b318919331f
  10. family link remove

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family link remove: i am ben horn and want to remove my family link from a adnoid phone my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** my account is with verizion my # is 9037203968 she is not under age she is 62 yrs. thanks...