Windows 10: Family linked user account - Standard

Discus and support Family linked user account - Standard in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I 'blocked' my sons' account temporarily. Attempting to bring it back, through Family settings, it shows as 'can sign in', allowed, however, his login... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DawnSMA, Mar 28, 2020.

1. DawnSMA Win User

Family linked user account - Standard

I 'blocked' my sons' account temporarily. Attempting to bring it back, through Family settings, it shows as 'can sign in', allowed, however, his login option does not appear when trying to switch users. I have rebooted the system as well. I found a suggestion for an mmc command, to add local users, however, receive error message that this is not available older 2016 post I saw referenced. Thank you in advance, appreciate any insights. DawnS.

:)

DawnSMA, Mar 28, 2020

2. calendar & mail work in administrator account but not on standard user one

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue occurs if the standard user account is corrupted.

1) Are you able to access and use other apps in the standard user account?

I suggest you to remove the standard user account and then try to create a new standard user account and check if it helps.

To remove follow the below steps.

1) Open Settings and click on Accounts.

2) Next select Family and other users.

3) Click on the standard user account and click on Remove.

To add user account follow the below steps.

1) Open Settings and click on Accounts.

2) Next select Family and other users.

3) Click on Add other sure to this PC and then follow the on screen instructions to create the New standard User Account.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Microsoft Account troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer to the following link to run the troubleshooter:

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Hope it helps. Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 28, 2020
  3. cspears16 Win User
    Restricting the Access of a Standard User who is NOT part of my family

Thank you, but I'm not sure this was very helpful. My standard user is not a part of my family. I cannot see his account when I log in to manage family accounts.

The article you referred to only seems to apply to Family Users. Again, he's not part of my family users. Under Account Settings, he is listed under Other Accounts.

And I'm not sure why you're calling me Angela.

I did what you suggested, but he is still not showing up as part of my family.

cspears16, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Family linked user account - Standard

Family members user accounts

For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating a test user account and the photos app works fine if a new account gets created. So I was thinking of deleting both their MS user accounts on my PC and creating them again.

But do I need to remove them as family members also via my outlook website login family tab before I recreate their user accounts again, they are both listed as family members on there and are associated with the PC name. Or can I just delete their user accounts and re-add them as family members on my PC without these shenanigans. It would save time as when you create a family member normally you have to then get them to login to their email and accept etc.

thanks, wayne

Scottyboy99, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Family linked user account - Standard

1. Family linked user account - Standard - Similar Threads - Family linked user

2. family link account problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family link account problems: Need to remove myself as a family organizer from a family account and it won't allow my husband to do so. I need to sign into my sisters account and it wont allow me to....
  3. family link account problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family link account problems: Need to remove myself as a family organizer from a family account and it won't allow my husband to do so. I need to sign into my sisters account and it wont allow me to....
  4. family link account problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Administer / Standard User Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administer / Standard User Accounts: I want to set up my Microsoft Account with both an Administrator account for making changes and a Standard User account for everyday use. However, I only have one email address. How can I do this? Or must I run as an administrator all the time?...
  6. Users accounts linked

Users accounts linked: Within our family microsoft account one of my child's has become linked or synced with mine and is receiving my email notifications and browsing history. Secret online Xmas shopping impossible.... Please help!...
  7. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  8. Accidently changed admin account to standard account and removed 'family and other users'...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidently changed admin account to standard account and removed 'family and other users'...: Hi, I accidently changed my admin account to a standard account in settings. Due to this I cannot uninstall apps, access chrome, and modify other things in settings. I am very frustrated! Can someone please help me! By the way, 'family and other users' has disappeared from...
  9. Monitor Activity of User/Family Account designated Adult and Standard

Monitor Activity of User/Family Account designated Adult and Standard: Is it possible to monitor the activity of a User Account, I created for a Family member, and to which I designated to have Adult/Standard permissions? If so, could someone please advise? If there is not an option to monitor activity of this type of User Account; is there a...
  10. User Accounts link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel; "Family & other users" link...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Accounts link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel; "Family & other users" link...: The "User Accounts" link never opens in Windows 10 Control Panel; "Family & other users" link never opens in Settings. No error messages ever appear, the "Family and other users" Settings panel just never opens. When I click on "User Accounts" link or icon in the "All...