Windows 10: Family Management - Password

Discus and support Family Management - Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My child has discovered the password for our parental controls. How do I change the password? I know the current password.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mabozar, Jan 6, 2020.

1. mabozar Win User

Family Management - Password

My child has discovered the password for our parental controls. How do I change the password? I know the current password.

:)

mabozar, Jan 6, 2020

2. Reseting a Childs Password after Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change password.

• Press Windows key + X key.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Under view, select large icons.

• Go to User Account.

• Click on Manage another account.

• Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.

• Click on Change the password.

• Click on Change password button.
    If you want to setup the family safety to any user accounts, I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article and check.

Set up family features

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/set-up-family-safety#set-up-family-safety=windows-10

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Family Safety Password Change

Hi,

First, you need to make sure you are logged into the computer as the Administrator. If you setup your children's account as an Administrator, you should be able to change their passwords. Then follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select
      Change Password
    • Follow the prompted instructions and check if the password is changed.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Joanna 777, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Family Management - Password

family password

Hi Scott,

Is the child account a Microsoft account or a local account?

If the child account is local account, then try these steps from an administrator user account:

• Press Windows key+ X, select “Control panel’.
    • Click on ‘View by’ option on the top right and change it to “large icons’.
    • Click on ‘user accounts’ and then click on ‘manage another account’
    • In the list, click on the child account and then click on ‘Change password’.
    If the child’s account is a Microsoft account, then you can reset the password by following this

link

Let us know if this helps.

Shiella Sto, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Family Management - Password

1. Family Management - Password - Similar Threads - Family Management Password

2. password manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password manager: I'm on Win 10 and use Google Chrome.Whenever I join anything that needs a username and password, a box drops down and asks meif I want to save those. I like that, but I haven't downloaded any manager.Is this something built into Google Chrome or Win10?Thanks,Betty Holt...
  3. password manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password manager: I'm on Win 10 and use Google Chrome.Whenever I join anything that needs a username and password, a box drops down and asks meif I want to save those. I like that, but I haven't downloaded any manager.Is this something built into Google Chrome or Win10?Thanks,Betty Holt...
  4. password manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Password Managers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Managers: Do you need more than 1 password manager, just in case something goes wrong with 1 of them? Would they have a conflict with each other?
  6. family managment

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family managment: I'm trying to limit specific application of my 'kids' and this option is locked. I press on the button to activate limit application time but its shaded and nothing happened. how to make activate? my account is: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** one of my...
  7. Password Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Manager: How does Password Manager work? I don't understand how you update & why PM doesn't update passwords when needed behind the scenes. And it totally confuses me when I enter a New Password and at the end, a box pops open and askes me IF I want to save the new password....
  8. Family password

Family password: Tried resetting one of my family passwords wil not allow me i filled out a form and it said it was not enough info to reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-password/44c68020-c955-48cf-9dd1-4f294a3cd4ef
  9. Password Manager

Password Manager: Windows remembers and plugs in passwords for various websites. I keep getting an additional password plugged in on top of the new one I am trying to create. How do I stop the auto plugging of the password? How do I get to the password manager?...
  10. Trying to Manage Family Settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trying to Manage Family Settings: For weeks, I've been trying to manage a family member's settings which can only be done online now. I keep getting the following error message Give us a little while to fix this Something’s wrong on our side. For now, you may want to try searching for something else. Can...