Windows 10: Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

Discus and support Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, My wife has an MS account. I have logged on to my account and invited her to join the family to benefit from MS 365 as an organiser. It shows... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by FatherNJ, May 17, 2020.

1. FatherNJ Win User

Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

Hi,

My wife has an MS account. I have logged on to my account and invited her to join the family to benefit from MS 365 as an organiser. It shows under "Notifications" that her invite is pending. The invite did NOT generate an email to my wife.

I have left matters for a few hours to see if an email ever arrived for her - and it didn't. I have therefore gone to the "accept now" option, signed out and she has signed in. On signing in she is presented with an option to "join the family", which she accepts. The website " https://account.microsoft.com/family/inline-add " then reports "Sorry, something went wrong. We're not sure what happened but refreshing the page may help, or try again in a little while." Refreshing the page does not change anything.

When she moves away from this page, she is clearly logged in to her MS account. On her family tab, there are no invites etc. showing and it is giving her the option to create her own family I have resisted the urge to set me up as family member and see if she can invite me.

I have previously had difficulties setting up my kids on an MS Account where MS would not send invites to join family groups - although that was some years ago, so I don't know whether there is a problem with my account or email address and your servers.

I have cancelled the invite and reissued a few times and nothing changes - and no email is sent. I have also tried logging in via different browsers latest version of Edge and Firefox, as well as on different computers. Nothing seems to work.

Could you look in to this and resolve please?

Thanks

Nathan

:)

FatherNJ, May 17, 2020

2. Child is getting an error when trying to accept invitation for joining a family

Hi,

I've just got the same problem as well. I've been invited by my wife to join the family but when I click button 'accept invitation', Microsoft website says 'To join this family, you’ll need to leave the Microsoft family you’re already in. '

I don't nave any other accounts in Microsoft, and there is no any link like 'leave family' so I don't know how to become a member of my wife's family. This sounds really stupid but it is what it is.

Yury Kritchallo, May 17, 2020
  3. Clark_MA Win User
    Family member can't join after receiving the email invite

I invited a family member to create a log-in for them on a new windows 10 PC. The family member received the invite email but when they click "Join" it asks for a password. They don't have a password yet and therefore can't finish the joining process.
    This is a cray way to add users, what happen to the simple control panel process?????

Clark_MA, May 17, 2020
  4. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

Accepted family invites not displayed

Hi

I have sent invites to my children to add them to my family. They have received the email and accepted the invite but this is not shown on the family page.

The status for both children still displays 'Invitation sent to their email. When they accept, they'll join your family.'

I also am not able to access security settings for them.

Why is my account not showing accepted invitations?

StanCitrine, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

1. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family - Similar Threads - Family member cannot

2. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family: I am trying to add a family member to MS365. After adding the new family member the recipient can see my invite in the family account. Accepting the invitation seems to work but then drops back to the initial screen to accept invite. After trying this multiple times the...
  3. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family: I am trying to add a family member to MS365. After adding the new family member the recipient can see my invite in the family account. Accepting the invitation seems to work but then drops back to the initial screen to accept invite. After trying this multiple times the...
  4. Family member cannot accept invite to join my MS Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Not allowed to accept Family invitation

Not allowed to accept Family invitation: I have shared my family subscription with my wife but she is unable to accept the invitation due to the fact that she cancelled hers to accept mine and is now over the allowed storage limit. Because of this, Microsoft won't allow here to receive the email she needs to accept...
  6. Not allowed to accept Family invitation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not allowed to accept Family invitation: I have shared my family subscription with my wife but she is unable to accept the invitation due to the fact that she cancelled hers to accept mine and is now over the allowed storage limit. Because of this, Microsoft won't allow here to receive the email she needs to accept...
  7. Not allowed to accept Family invitation

8. family group child member cannot join

family group child member cannot join: Hello,My childs account was removed and added to another family group account which no one has access to anymore. How can I have his account re-joined. I can login to my account and his but he cannot leave the other family group account....
  9. family group child member cannot join

family group child member cannot join: Hello,My childs account was removed and added to another family group account which no one has access to anymore. How can I have his account re-joined. I can login to my account and his but he cannot leave the other family group account....
  10. Joining a family Member

Joining a family Member: Hello I have MS365. Last week I invited my sister to join our family. She accepted. All was fine until a couple of days ago. She received an email saying she was no longer part of our family. Now today she received an email saying that SHE was inviting herself to join...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not accept tp join family