Windows 10: Family Member cannot login to Windows

Discus and support Family Member cannot login to Windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just added my husband as a "family member" on a brand new laptop. When I click on Microsoft Edge the window blinks but will not open. Please help!!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JillBarbarulo, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Family Member cannot login to Windows

I just added my husband as a "family member" on a brand new laptop. When I click on Microsoft Edge the window blinks but will not open. Please help!!!! I can open Windows if I am logged in but not my "family member".

:)

JillBarbarulo, Sep 27, 2019
  2. joeyladSI Win User

Family member login query

Thank you Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] for your assistance but I'm afraid I'm no further! I'll explain. When I go Settings/Accounts/ Manage my Accounts, the family member clearly shows up! So far so good! But when I try to switch user to login family
    member with say, Ctrl+Alt+Del, then I just get back to my login again. In other words I still can't login the family member.

joeyladSI, Sep 27, 2019
  3. joeyladSI Win User
    Family member login query

No I'm sorry, I don't see the name of the family member that has been added when I go to "switch user" or when I follow, settings/accounts/ family. Microsoft have confirmed that I do have a family member but the member cannot be found.

joeyladSI, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Family Member cannot login to Windows

Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Family Member cannot login to Windows

1. Family Member cannot login to Windows - Similar Threads - Family Member cannot

2. Family Member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  3. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  4. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  5. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 11 - Family member can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Family member can't login: Hello!Created account for my son. Added him to family.When he clicks "Login" he gets message "Please wait..." and nothing happens after it. Login link becomes grayed and nothing happens when You click on it next time.What should I do?Tried deleting and creating account -...
  7. Windows 11 - Family member can't login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Family member can't login: Hello!Created account for my son. Added him to family.When he clicks "Login" he gets message "Please wait..." and nothing happens after it. Login link becomes grayed and nothing happens when You click on it next time.What should I do?Tried deleting and creating account -...
  8. Family members

Family members: I have added my wife as a family member and have received a notification that she has been added as a child. How can I correct it to an adult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-members/88401424-5bce-403a-a5fe-c2dd9ac07f52
  9. Windows 10 added family member cannot login!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 added family member cannot login!: Hi, I upgraded Windows 10 on 4 of my machine. On one of them, I got a problem of not able to login from new family members that was added to the machine post upgrade. This is a laptop with a SSD drive. I orginially removed all of the users from Windows 8.1 before the...
  10. Cannot add money to a family member.

Cannot add money to a family member.: After selecting the amount to be added to the account, and the method of payment I get the below message: I've tried different browsers, IE, Chrome, Microsoft Edge New and they all give same error. Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...