Windows 10: Family member got a chkdsk is verifying usn journal message when he started his Windows 7...

Discus and support Family member got a chkdsk is verifying usn journal message when he started his Windows 7... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Got a family member whose older Windows 7 machine today when he started it automatically ran a chkdsk is verifying usn journal check.Doing some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MatthewBeck6, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Family member got a chkdsk is verifying usn journal message when he started his Windows 7...

Got a family member whose older Windows 7 machine today when he started it automatically ran a chkdsk is verifying usn journal check.Doing some googling it seems that generally its user generated not system generated, but its all related to usually failing hard drives.Does the system running it on its own indicate a dying computer?Told him tentatively to start backing up if he isn't already and maybe consider getting something new.He's giving me control to upgrade and while normally I would be happy to help him here.With the current chip shortages, even getting him a low to mid range machine w

:)

MatthewBeck6, Jan 14, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Old Windows Journal

Hi,

It is possible that Windows Journal was removed from certain versions of the Windows operating system due to corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in article on how you can install Windows Journal on
    versions of Windows from which it was removed.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 15, 2022
  3. Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 15, 2022
  4. gamoses Win User

Family member got a chkdsk is verifying usn journal message when he started his Windows 7...

broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

Family member got a chkdsk is verifying usn journal message when he started his Windows 7...

1. Family member got a chkdsk is verifying usn journal message when he started his Windows 7... - Similar Threads - Family member got

2. CHKDSK /V /F repeatedly reports errors with USN Journal when run during system start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK /V /F repeatedly reports errors with USN Journal when run during system start-up: When running CHKDSK /V on the boot Windows volume, from the command prompt, no errors are reported. However, when CHKDSK /V /F is run during system start-up by running the command from the command prompt, and selecting run on start-up, issues are reported with the USN...
  3. CHKDSK /V /F repeatedly reports errors with USN Journal when run during system start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK /V /F repeatedly reports errors with USN Journal when run during system start-up: When running CHKDSK /V on the boot Windows volume, from the command prompt, no errors are reported. However, when CHKDSK /V /F is run during system start-up by running the command from the command prompt, and selecting run on start-up, issues are reported with the USN...
  4. Stuck at Verifying Usn Journal...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at Verifying Usn Journal...: My computer, when booting windows 7 runs chk dsk. When it's almost complete it stops at verifying Usn journal...What can I do to make the system go past that point?...
  5. Stuck at Verifying Usn Journal...

Stuck at Verifying Usn Journal...: My computer, when booting windows 7 runs chk dsk. When it's almost complete it stops at verifying Usn journal...What can I do to make the system go past that point?...
  6. "CHKDSK is resetting USN information..." message stuck at 2%, what?

"CHKDSK is resetting USN information..." message stuck at 2%, what?: I did the disk check today May 3 after a couple of attempts doing the CHKDSK thing.I did the disk check right now using command prompt without doing the next reboot and I started it at 1:12 PM with no issues. But after at about 3:00 PM it says this:"34986 data files...
  7. "CHKDSK is resetting USN information..." message stuck at 2%, what?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "CHKDSK is resetting USN information..." message stuck at 2%, what?: I did the disk check today May 3 after a couple of attempts doing the CHKDSK thing.I did the disk check right now using command prompt without doing the next reboot and I started it at 1:12 PM with no issues. But after at about 3:00 PM it says this:"34986 data files...
  8. Family member got a chkdsk is verifying usn journal message when he started his Windows 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family member got a chkdsk is verifying usn journal message when he started his Windows 7...: Got a family member whose older Windows 7 machine today when he started it automatically ran a chkdsk is verifying usn journal check.Doing some googling it seems that generally its user generated not system generated, but its all related to usually failing hard drives.Does...
  9. How to view the usn Journal On windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to view the usn Journal On windows 10: Hi so I would like to know the command to view the usn Journal because all of the commands on google and etc dont give a full explanation. And i would like to be able to save it to a note pad and view the entire usn journal....
  10. Added child as family member, he doesn't appear in my start menu as a user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Added child as family member, he doesn't appear in my start menu as a user: What the everloving heck. I am losing my mind. I have added my child as a family member to my new laptop. Nobody but myself appears on the start menu as a user. I have tried restarting the laptop, I have deleted and re-added him. Nothing works. This is beyond frustrating....