Windows 10: Family member needs to sign in

Discus and support Family member needs to sign in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I keep getting this error message: Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device DESKTOP-2xxxx for family features to work.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Chippoly, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Chippoly Win User

Family member needs to sign in

I keep getting this error message: Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device DESKTOP-2xxxx for family features to work.

Instructions do not work. I have no option for them to sign in when I am logged into my main windows account assuming this is what the instructions mean on the tell me how to fix this link, it is very unclear which account you should use.

Child has signed in on account on Web, signs in every time they log on, still the same error message.

No doubt the Microsoft solution will be unsubscribe and re subscribe, but frankly is a waste of an hours worth of effort.

Is there a fix?

:)

Chippoly, Mar 24, 2020

2. removing a family member

I like to remove a family member from the account but when I select family member I do not see remove option and the only choices are either Block to sign or change. Any suggestion.

MariamMoasser, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    fingergprint log-in for family member

Hi Kristi

Through Windows Hello, you may have your family members register different accounts with their fingerprints.

Once you are signed as the family account administrator, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Family & other users.
    • Add people using the Your family, or Other users options. The only difference between the two is with family, you get an access to child controls, for monitoring and blocking content.

Once your child is logged into his or her own accounts, they can now set up their own
    Windows Hello log-in. Refer to the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Select Windows Hello.
    • Choose Fingerprint, then Set up.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Family member needs to sign in

Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Family member needs to sign in

1. Family member needs to sign in - Similar Threads - Family member needs

2. Family Member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  3. Family Member

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  4. Newly created family member cant sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly created family member cant sign in: I just created my sons email for family but when i click on his name on the family app i get something went wrong. Also i cant sign in with that email. Says it doesnt exist...
  5. Newly created family member cant sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly created family member cant sign in: I just created my sons email for family but when i click on his name on the family app i get something went wrong. Also i cant sign in with that email. Says it doesnt exist...
  6. Need To Update Family Member Info

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need To Update Family Member Info: I need to remove my daughter's old email from my Microsoft Account because the email was deleted due to it being hacked. This email address has $25 associated with it on the account but I would like to transfer this money to her new email account before I remove her old one....
  7. Family members

Family members: I have added my wife as a family member and have received a notification that she has been added as a child. How can I correct it to an adult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-members/88401424-5bce-403a-a5fe-c2dd9ac07f52
  8. Unable to see and sign in into family members account

Unable to see and sign in into family members account: I added the mail id to family members ,its showing that it was added but i couldn't able to login to that account or see the option to login into it....
  9. Need help for a family member

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help for a family member: Hi I hope someone can help me. A family member got a new hp laptop, she did the setup, but thought the Microsoft account was her's it's her email address, but his name so turns out her new laptop now signs her in with her X-husbands name. She is very bummed. How can we fix...
  10. broken "family member needs to sign in"

broken "family member needs to sign in": Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work. But the "how to fix this" says Select Accounts > Family & other people Under Your family,...