Windows 10: Family Member / Other User Cannot Log in on Windows 10

Discus and support Family Member / Other User Cannot Log in on Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I use to log in on other user, I entered the correct password but when it loads it says "Preparing Windows" then "We can't sign in to your... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by WanderingLibrarian, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Family Member / Other User Cannot Log in on Windows 10

When I use to log in on other user, I entered the correct password but when it loads it says "Preparing Windows" then "We can't sign in to your account". But I already used it before and I can access it without error. I tried to open it online and it works. Only on my laptop that it says that it can't sign in.

Any suggestions on what to do?

:)

WanderingLibrarian, Feb 5, 2021
  2. Rey Cam Win User

fingergprint log-in for family member

Hi Kristi

Through Windows Hello, you may have your family members register different accounts with their fingerprints.

Once you are signed as the family account administrator, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Family & other users.
    • Add people using the Your family, or Other users options. The only difference between the two is with family, you get an access to child controls, for monitoring and blocking content.

Once your child is logged into his or her own accounts, they can now set up their own
    Windows Hello log-in. Refer to the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Select Windows Hello.
    • Choose Fingerprint, then Set up.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Family Member Log In

Hi,

We need to clarify some information first for us to know what is causing the log-in issue of your family member. Kindly answer the following:

• How did you add the account of your family member to your laptop?
    • You mentioned that you've set up a new email account. When you added the new email account to your computer, did you add a new user account or did you just a edited an existing user account?
    • Does the issue also occur when you add non family member account to your computer?

It is possible that a service or program running in the background is hindering your family member from logging in to your PC. We recommend booting your computer to
    Safe mode with Networking for us to verify if the issue will occur while Windows 10 is running with only minimal
    drivers and services.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Feb 5, 2021
  4. LBKB Win User

Family Member / Other User Cannot Log in on Windows 10

Family Member Log In

I set up a family member on Windows 10 following the instructions. The family member signed in and accepted being part of my family and shows up in my family online.

Now when that member tries to log in on my laptop, the screen says welcome and then immediately signs out. I've tried it multiple times and have set up a new email account each time with no luck.

LBKB, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Family Member / Other User Cannot Log in on Windows 10

1. Family Member / Other User Cannot Log in on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Family Member User

2. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users: 1. My log-in screen shows two accounts show.2. Both of these accounts are me—no other person has access to my computer.3. I select my administrator account and log in.4. I look up ‘Your Info’ in Settings.5. My account saying ‘Administrator’ appears.6. When I look into ‘Family...
  3. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users: 1. My log-in screen shows two accounts show.2. Both of these accounts are me—no other person has access to my computer.3. I select my administrator account and log in.4. I look up ‘Your Info’ in Settings.5. My account saying ‘Administrator’ appears.6. When I look into ‘Family...
  4. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  6. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

Cannot add a family member to Family Safety: I keep getting an error message when trying to add my son's account to Family Safety. I had add and removed him a couple times trying to get his new computer set up, and now it seems like his account is blocked for some reason. Here's the message I get:Unusual activity...
  7. Cannot add a family member to Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Unable to add family members as users in Windows 10

Unable to add family members as users in Windows 10: Unable to add family members as users in Windows 10.To add family users to Windows 10, after enter username and password, getting below error:"Oops, something went wrong""Whatever happened, it was probably our fault. Please try again."What needs to be done to add Microsoft...
  9. Family Member cannot login to Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Family Member cannot login to Windows: I just added my husband as a "family member" on a brand new laptop. When I click on Microsoft Edge the window blinks but will not open. Please help!!!! I can open Windows if I am logged in but not my "family member"....
  10. Family members user accounts

Family members user accounts: For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating...