Windows 10: Family Member password change from parent account

Discus and support Family Member password change from parent account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son got logged out of his Microsoft account with newest software upgrade on his tablet. He and I can not remember his password. How do i reset it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Birdogg33, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Birdogg33 Win User

Family Member password change from parent account

My son got logged out of his Microsoft account with newest software upgrade on his tablet. He and I can not remember his password. How do i reset it using the parent account that is mine?

:)

Birdogg33, Aug 18, 2020
  2. gamoses Win User

broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Aug 18, 2020
  3. guille md Win User
    Remove family member account not successful

Hello everyone,

I have tried to remove a family member account that I opened by mistake by following the steps I read here:

1. Login the parent account at https://fss.live.com.

2. In the Family Summary, click Remove a family member.

3. Check your account with issue and click Remove.

The problem now is that I dont see anymore the family member account on that website, but on my PC, when I start it, it still appears...

Help would be much appreciated

guille md, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Family Member password change from parent account

Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Family Member password change from parent account

1. Family Member password change from parent account - Similar Threads - Family Member password

2. How to change the password of a family member?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change the password of a family member?: Hi,I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a way to change to password for a family member on https://account.microsoft.com/family/I tried to recover password and I get an email with a code on my email address, I use it and I get a form to fill with some details......
  3. How to change the password of a family member?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the password of a family member?: Hi,I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a way to change to password for a family member on https://account.microsoft.com/family/I tried to recover password and I get an email with a code on my email address, I use it and I get a form to fill with some details......
  4. How to change the password of a family member?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change Family members account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Family members account password: I am the administrator on my laptop and I need to know how to change a family members password, the one that when you start your computer and you have accounts on the start up page...
  6. need to change my family members account from child to wife

need to change my family members account from child to wife: i just need help changhingmy wife from child on my family https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-my-family-members-account-from/5f7e5530-41fc-48f8-b21a-2cedacf93794
  7. change family member status

change family member status: my wife joined the family group as a child. how do we change it to 'adult'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-family-member-status/7826ff98-9b31-4e60-a5f1-b58a797f2862
  8. How can I change Family account from Organizer to Member?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How can I change Family account from Organizer to Member?: When Windows 365 was originally shared with my wife's computer it landed in her administrator account and that's where it continues to function. For security reasons, it should be in a user or Member account, but I can find no way to change it. I've tried to change her...
  9. how to change family setting from organizer to member in xbox parental controls?

how to change family setting from organizer to member in xbox parental controls?: Hi, I have three family accounts that are set as organizers. Two of them are actually children and need to be made members so we can set up time limits for them. All I can see available to me as the parent and as an organizer is that I can remove them. How do I set my...
  10. Reset childs family account password by parent

Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...