Windows 10: Family members cannot enter their added accounts on a newly W10 installed laptop

Discus and support Family members cannot enter their added accounts on a newly W10 installed laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there, Here's the case: > newly installed W10 laptop; > one main administrator account mine; > from the settings I've added two family... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bob_123_DS, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Family members cannot enter their added accounts on a newly W10 installed laptop

Hi there,

Here's the case:

> newly installed W10 laptop;

> one main administrator account mine;

> from the settings I've added two family accounts;

> both family accounts appear on the locked screen;

> my folks tried to sign in to their accounts but no password or pin box appears instead they are sent back to the original administrator's account mine where a pin box appears;

> logged in to my account the main one I tried to change my wife's account from administrator to standard and back but nothing works;

> with the kids' account, it doesn't work either; I wouldn't even dare to think of giving them administrator's rights though : ; on other devices they use the same account and it works fine with all the restrictions and time limits;

> on other family laptops we use a few accounts on the same machine and everything works fine;

Question: CAN YOU HELP, PLEASE?

Thanks for your time! :

:)

Bob_123_DS, Jan 14, 2021

2. adding family members and users

After 'successfully' adding a family member to Windows 10, the family member does not get access even after accepting the invitation sent to the Microsoft account. What to do so the family member can access the laptop through her MSN profile? I try everything
    and I get the same error message that this person has not been added to this computer's profile (in Russian).

TimFisherRybinsk, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Family members cannot enter their added accounts on a newly W10 installed laptop

Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Family members cannot enter their added accounts on a newly W10 installed laptop

1. Family members cannot enter their added accounts on a newly W10 installed laptop - Similar Threads - Family members cannot

2. Newly created family member cant sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly created family member cant sign in: I just created my sons email for family but when i click on his name on the family app i get something went wrong. Also i cant sign in with that email. Says it doesnt exist...
  3. Adding money to family member's microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding money to family member's microsoft account: Hi,Getting error while "Add money to your family member's Microsoft account" - Contact us at Microsoft supportWe’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more infoContact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...
  4. Adding money to family member's microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding money to family member's microsoft account: Hi,Getting error while "Add money to your family member's Microsoft account" - Contact us at Microsoft supportWe’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more infoContact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...
  5. Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding family member as a member adds him as a child?: Hi there,So I've added my wife as a family member so she can use my pc, but since she is not that computer literate I've added her as a member and not as orginiser. By doing that, she has received the email saying that I would like her to join my family as a child. After you...
  6. Adding a Family Member

Adding a Family Member: I'm attempting to add my daughter a child as a Family Member - she has a Microsoft account. I have successfully sent the invitation but when we open the email invite and click on 'Join' it informs us that she already belongs to a family group. When I sign on to her Microsoft...
  7. Windows 10 added family member cannot login!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 added family member cannot login!: Hi, I upgraded Windows 10 on 4 of my machine. On one of them, I got a problem of not able to login from new family members that was added to the machine post upgrade. This is a laptop with a SSD drive. I orginially removed all of the users from Windows 8.1 before the...
  8. Cannot add money to family members account

Cannot add money to family members account: "Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out." This is the message that I get when trying to add money to my sons account. I've read through the various forums and cannot find a decent response anywhere,...
  9. Family members added misteriously

Family members added misteriously: An unknown email account appears registered as a family member under my account. I did not authorize or add this email account. I try to remove the account and Microsoft does not allow it! I get some outdated info about "removing consent" but I can't find a link to...
  10. Adding a family member

Adding a family member: I have added my child to our family account but she does not appear as an option when I initially log into the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-family-member/3f3aedc2-b015-455c-a31f-c98e5c20f87f"