Windows 10: Family members deleted

Discus and support Family members deleted in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I rarely check my email, and just noticed an email from 2 weeks ago stating 2 of my family members were removed. I did not request this, and would like... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lunernoose, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Family members deleted

I rarely check my email, and just noticed an email from 2 weeks ago stating 2 of my family members were removed. I did not request this, and would like to know why it was done automatically. Thanks.

[Moderator guessing at what 'my family members were removed' means Family members deleted Firedog-Metric-Bullet.png ]

:)

lunernoose, Feb 25, 2019

2. Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Family members deleted

Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add a family member to your Microsoft account, I suggest you to follow the steps from

Add members to your Microsoft family.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Family members deleted

1. Family members deleted - Similar Threads - Family members deleted

2. Family Member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  3. Family Member

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  4. Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group: Dear,I want to delete a family member because she's older now and/or leave the family group, but neither of these options seem to work:Although I'm the adult organiser, I can't delete "FLEUR" from the family group the GSM she used at that time is no longer in use:And ... I...
  5. Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group: Dear,I want to delete a family member because she's older now and/or leave the family group, but neither of these options seem to work:Although I'm the adult organiser, I can't delete "FLEUR" from the family group the GSM she used at that time is no longer in use:And ... I...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety - delete family member - leave the group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Family Member Status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Member Status: I incorrectly set my wife's account as Child, How can I change her account type to spouse please? Thanks.RegardsAK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-member-status/f942d00a-a49d-4ea3-8bc3-18e4757c7e35
  8. Family members

Family members: I have added my wife as a family member and have received a notification that she has been added as a child. How can I correct it to an adult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-members/88401424-5bce-403a-a5fe-c2dd9ac07f52
  9. Deceased family member

Deceased family member: I want to get into my grandmother's computer to try and find some pictures before i reset her computer. Every attempt at recovering the password has failed saying I don't have enough of her information. I have been on the phone and trying to use the virtual agent for an hour....
  10. Family Member not showing

Family Member not showing: Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been having real trouble with my Microsoft account today. I have added myself a new account as i have a new email address. I wanted to allow my daughter to use the laptop and tried to add her as a user, so that when it turned...