Windows 10: Family members deleted

Discus and support Family members deleted in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I rarely check my email, and just noticed an email from 2 weeks ago stating 2 of my family members were removed. I did not request this, and would like... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lunernoose, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Family members deleted

I rarely check my email, and just noticed an email from 2 weeks ago stating 2 of my family members were removed. I did not request this, and would like to know why it was done automatically. Thanks.

[Moderator guessing at what 'my family members were removed' means Family members deleted Firedog-Metric-Bullet.png ]

:)

lunernoose, Feb 25, 2019

2. Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Family members deleted

Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add a family member to your Microsoft account, I suggest you to follow the steps from

Add members to your Microsoft family.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Family members deleted

1. Family members deleted - Similar Threads - Family members deleted

2. Transfer computer to family member

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer computer to family member: Hi I am giving my old computer to my son, what do I need to do? I intend to do a clean install of Windows 10 to bring it back to factory default but how do I go about activating Windows for him?...
  3. unable to remove family member account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unable to remove family member account: i just recently added a family member account on my pc and i wanted to delete it so i did the following i went to "manage family members online" andi deleted the account on there. so i went back to see if it was actually deleted and its not so i went back into "manage family...
  4. Cannot remove family member from Windows10

Cannot remove family member from Windows10: By mistake a did but my Microsoft account as a family member on windows and now I can't remove it from the users. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remove-family-member-from-windows10/d32beb61-4b30-4b6a-8e1f-9d8512608066"
  5. Windows 10 can't add family member

Windows 10 can't add family member: This is rediculous! I have updated my computer for the last week and it still tells me cant add family member I see multiple post on this .. But never a real solution. Can anyone help. Why can't we add user accounts like windows 7 professional?...
  6. Laptop gift from family member

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop gift from family member: Good day, Received a Laptop as a gift from my son who is not using it anymore. It has Windows 10 Home OS. I want to clean out all his old files and apps and make it my own , I have a Desktop and an old Laptop both with Windows 10 upgrades fro Windows 7. My old laptop has...
  7. Family Member not showing

Family Member not showing: Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been having real trouble with my Microsoft account today. I have added myself a new account as i have a new email address. I wanted to allow my daughter to use the laptop and tried to add her as a user, so that when it turned...
  8. Creation of a local account as a family member

Creation of a local account as a family member: Hi How do I create a local account, as a family member? Thanks Bye 22792
  9. "adding family member" option not working

"adding family member" option not working: so I try add a second family member on this pc...clicked to sign into your Microsoft account, window opens..but it just keeps loading. whats wrong [img] 76413
  10. Family members user accounts

Family members user accounts: For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating...